PolyUMod Installation for COMSOL Multiphysics
In this tutorial you will learn to:
PolyUMod is a licensed set of advanced user-material models delivered as a shared library (usermat) for COMSOL Multiphysics. Running a COMSOL Multiphysics model using a PolyUMod material model therefore requires both the PolyUMod license and the PolyUMod-COMsoL shared library. This is normally configured as part of the Veryst software installation. This document demonstrates how to verify that configuration.
1. Check that the License Server is Running
Confirm that the PolyUMod license server is running by opening the license server website (e.g. https://10.0.0.123:5054 if the license is served on a computer with the IP address 10.0.0.123, or https://localhost:5054 if served locally).
For more info also check the the license server user’s manual.
2. Check the License Environment Variable
Confirm that the
veryst_LICENSE environment variable points to the license server. The variable should have a value like:
5053@localhost, where you need to replace
localhost with the host name of the license server.
3. Copy jar-File
Copy the file
com.comsol.testextmat_1.0.0.jar from the folder
C:\Program Files\Veryst Engineering\PolyUMod\PolyUMod_COMSOL_5.3A to sub-folder
\COMSOL53A\Multiphysics\plugins in the COMSOL installation directory
4. Set the PATH Environment Variable
Manually add the PolyUMod folder
C:\Program Files\Veryst Engineering\PolyUMod\PolyUMod_COMSOL_5.3A to the PATH environment variable.
5. Run a Test Case
Run a PolyUMod test using the following commands:
- Start COMSOL Multiphysics
- Open COMSOL model
PolyUModCOMSOL_TNM_Demo1located in the folder
C:\Program Files\Veryst Engineering\PolyUMod\Test_Cases_COMSOL
- Expand the Global Definitions > Materials > External Material node and click browse at the library input. Locate the polyumod.dll file. Make sure the text includes the full path and not just the filename.
- Run Study 1.
- The installation is successful if Study 1 runs to completion.