Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tensile Creep Tests

Hello guys,

I want to do some test using tensile creep tests in order to evaluate Viscoelastic behaviour of such a Paperboard materials. In this case, I want to apply a constant tensile load of σ0 at a very short Instantaneous time of t1. Then the sample is kept under the constant load for a longer time of t2. The yield stress of the material is σY.

I have two clear questions as below:

1- Is there any special relationship between σ0 and the value of σY? May you please provide ma by some reference or Standard specification for this concept?

2- How much time would be enough for t1 and t2. ? Is there any special Standard for that as well?

Many thanks for your consideration and hope to meet your reply.

Greetings,
    Hassan

There are no hard rules. Here are some ideas:
    * I typically pick sigma_0 < sigma_y
    * I typically pick t1 about 1 sec, t2 a few hours

-Jorgen
    Jorgen Bergstrom, Ph.D. PolymerFEM Administrator

Comment

Many thanks Jorgen,

Comment

Hello Jorgen Sir

I am also modeling tensile creep behaviour in ABAQUS to validate experimental data. Please help me in following points

1. How to get prony parameters. I am specifying viscoelastic material properties (Hyperelastic for Elastic part and viscoelastic for viscous part). Hyperelastic part is ok but when i want to obtain prony coefficients by giving creep test data in shear (because i don't have shear creep data), it is showing error message as "NO CONVERGENCE FOR ANY ORDER N FOR THE VISCOELASTIC SHEAR TEST DATA". Please help me in this issue.
        2. When it comes to provide steps and loading, can you please guide me what inputs should i give. My test conditions are 150 seconds of loading at 5 MPa then recovery for 900 seconds.

Thanks in advance
        vivek

Comment

Working...
        X