Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynamic Rolling Process FE Simulation

Dear All,

I hope all feel so fine with your simulations.

Recently, I am simulation a rolling process with a very high dynamic speed (around 5 m/s). Hence, the model is quite dynamic and not Quasi-static.

I use Abaqus Explicit for this simulation. The structure is composite material including several layers with different material properties. In this case, I am using ''Cohesive Surface'' definition as the surface interaction between different layers.

I have a big problem and there is an error during the simulation process so called:

''the ratio of deformation speed to wave speed exceeds 1.0000 in at least one element''.

I tried to find a solution for this problem such as:

Larger mesh . But the larger mesh decreases the solution accuracy.

Have you ever seen any solution for this case? In this respect, may I imagine to let me know please if you have already any hints or solution for this problem.

Thanks for your attention.

Kind regards,

Hassan

That error message often indicates that you simulation is becoming unstable. Do you expect some instability (for example, failure) to occur?

-Jorgen
    Jorgen Bergstrom, Ph.D. PolymerFEM Administrator

Comment

Dear Jorgen,

It is 100% correct. Actually, the model includes some layers and there are delamination between layers during the rolling process.

For delamination: I could use two methods.

1- With Cohesive Zone Element (CZM) ------- >> the model works perfectly. Here the delamination would be implemented in terms of material modelling.

2- With Cohesive Surface ------- >> the model was crashed due to the failure of cohesive bonds between the layers.!!! Here the delamination would be implemented in contact definition and surface interaction.
      I can increase the mass scaling and the problem was solved but I think it is not completely precise since the resulting ALLAE is then so high due to mass scaling effects.

then, how can I make that stable for second method (Cohesive surface) without mass scaling?

I would be happy to let me know if you have further ideas.

thanks in advance,

Comment

Working...
      X