Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I use Torsional Rheometer results for calibration using MCalibration?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I use Torsional Rheometer results for calibration using MCalibration?

Dear Dr.Bergstrom,
    I have seen a MCalibration tutorial where you have used DMA results and relavant stress strain data for calibration. I currently have torsional Rheometer results and obtained G', G" w.r.t Frequency. Can I use this data for my calibration?

Thanks!!

Yes. That data works great with MCalibration.

You need to use the Dynamic Data load case option:

Screenshot_20190503_195514.png

And then select shear loading:

Screenshot_20190503_195514.png
    Jorgen Bergstrom, Ph.D. PolymerFEM Administrator

Comment

Nice!! But is it okay to calibrate without experimental stress-strain data? Unfortunately I don't have it!

Comment

Yes, you do not need stress-strain data. The linear viscoelasticity model will need a Young's modulus which you can get those from the G' and G'' data. The model will also need a Poisson's ratio that you will need to estimate based on your material type.

-Jorgen

Comment

Thanks Dr.Bergström!!
          Actually I wanted to calibrate for a BB model. But I see I will need additional experimental data (along with G', G", f[Hz]), if I need to calibrate for a NLVE model. Please correct me if I am wrong?

Comment

That is correct. To calibrate the BB model I recommend uniaxial tension (or compression) at 2 or more strain rates. If you want, you can also include G' and G'' data on top of that.
            You can calibrate the BB model, or some other NLVE model, using MCalibration.

-Jorgen

Comment

Working...
            X