Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calibration of prony coefficients based on DMA measurement

Hello everyone,

first of all thank you for the excellent support regarding the MCalibration Software.

I am currently trying to fit prony coefficients for a linear viscoelastic material which was measured via DMA. My experimental data are shown in the attached file. I got this data for every temperature step (in steps of 5K). However I got one value recommended in MCalibration (E', E'', strain, stress) for each temperature at each cycling frequency.

In the load case setup in MCalibration I need to configure "Number of Cycles" and "Number of Data Points / Cycle" (see the second attached file). In my opinion both of these numbers are 1 in my case. The minimum possible Number of Data Points per cycle is 20. With this configuration MCalibration is not able to fit the prony coefficients. Can anybody tell me how I have to implement a DMA like mine or how I have to set both Numbers?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards
    Michael

The attached images are unfortunately too small for me to see the details. In my experience, I usually stick with the default values for "Number of cycles" and "Number of data Points" in MCalibration (when analyzing DMA data). Can you explain why you need to change the default values?

-Jorgen
    Jorgen Bergstrom, Ph.D. PolymerFEM Administrator

Comment

Working...
    X