Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What material test data will be needed for PET and HDPE material model calibration?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What material test data will be needed for PET and HDPE material model calibration?

Hi,

I work as a simulation engineer in the private water bottling industry. Our primary material of choice is PET for water bottles and HDPE for caps. We are currently in talks with Veryst to trial the MCalibration software. But before we receive the 2 week trial, I wanted to know what material test data should we ideally calibrate to? I have checked out the MCalibration quick tour videos on youtube and it seemed you only need to acquire time, true stress and true strain data from something like an ASTM D648 dogbone sample test. Is this correct or is there any additional tests we need to calibrate to? Note that our bottles are going to be under compressive conditions most of the time and our caps will see both tension and compression. Is there any pdf manual for the MCalibration software that details the necessary test methods and design of experiments to use the software?

Thanks in advance!
Working...
X