Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MCalibration Anisotropic Mullins Effect

Hi,

is an anisotropic mullins damage material available in MCalibration/PolyUMod with a material subroutine for MSC.Marc? Like the MORPH-model for simple shear as shown in the attached link (google preview, hope it works). I mean with increasing amplitude of simple shear the mullins damage increases - so far everything is ok - but when starting the process again in the opposite direction the mullins damage starts again (tests can be found in literature with keywords "anisotropic mullins effect"). If I use hyperelastic damage, for example ogden-roxburgh, then the mullins damage only depends on the previous max. strain energy (no dependence of directional damage). I wonder if it is possible to use standard hyperelastic materials and implement only a directional dependent damage function as a user subroutine in commercial FE-software like MSC.Marc. I've implemented the ogden-roxburgh model as a user subroutine UELDAM but that was already a tough job for me and my fortran skills.

Thanks and best regards,
    Andreas

EDIT: Is that really true that mullins damage is direction-dependent?
    Recent developments in order to represent the material behaviour of filler-reinforced elastomers under realistic operating conditions are collected in this volume. Special topics are finite element simulations and methods, dynamic material properties, experimental characterization, lifetime prediction, friction, multiphysics and biomechanics, reinforcement, ageing, fracture and fatigue as well as micro- and macromechanical approaches. Constitutive Models for Rubber VI is of interest to research and development engineers in the industry, and to postgraduates and researchers in all disciplines of engineering and materials science.
    Last edited by duan; 2016-12-02, 05:36.

I think it is better explained in http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...20768309001590 (Fig.11) or in https://books.google.at/books?id=TOI...0model&f=false. I've attached a simple simulation model: an Ogden-Roxburgh-damage results in this behaviour...
    Last edited by duan; 2016-12-02, 05:39.

Comment

Even more interesting is this model by Dargazany, R. because it is inspired by micromechanical effects:

Dargazany, R. & Itskov, M. (2013), 'Constitutive modeling of the Mullins effect and cyclic stress softening in filled elastomers', Physical Review E 88(1), 012602.
      Last edited by duan; 2016-12-05, 03:30.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

-Jorgen
        Jorgen Bergstrom, Ph.D. PolymerFEM Administrator

Comment

Working...
        X