Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rubber compression model in Abaqus/CAE-Implicit static loading

Hello
    I am modeling compression loading on a rubber material fitted on a shaft inside a pipe for a sealing operation. I have employed the 2D axisymmetric modeling and used a tensile test data (that I have at hand currently) for material modeling. Meshed with Hex-dominated mesh type. For some reason, I am getting a convergence error claiming 'too many attempts'. Does anyone have any suggestion on the mathematical models in Abaqus that best suit for such hyperelastic material model? should I apply the total compression load? are the reaction forces and moments, I may get, the total model responses?
    I would appreciate if anyone could provide me with literature with some details on hyperelastic modeling in Abaqus.
    Thanks in advance!

• Endashaw
    replied
    Dear Dr. Bergstrom,
    Thanks for your answer and recommendation. I have managed to obtain a compression test data and verified the material model based on the tests conducted. After employing the valid model as well as tweaking with the mesh size and solution methods the problem has converged and i have conducted the analysis i desired to obtain. I will look in to the book for further information.

Best regards
    Endashaw

Leave a comment:

• Jorgen
    replied
    I recommend my Polymer Mechanics book

If the material model is calibrated correctly then you should not experience convergence issues.

-Jorgen

Leave a comment:

Working...
X