Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Material parameters for silicone

Hi
    I am trying to use Abaqus to model silicone rubber.
    I want to use the BB model based on the data you have at http://polymerfem.com/index.php?page...mod&material=5
    How can I get the definitions of the terms in the plot 4 & how would I use them in Abaqus. Abaqus has only 3 parameters to be used with the *hyperelastic card(mu, lamdam, D ,temp).
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    ram

The parameters for the Bergstrom-Boyce (BB) model for silicone rubber are listed in the figure:

muA = 0.785 MPa
    lambdaL = 1.815
    kappa = 400 MPa
    Tbase=35
    sB=5.807
    C=-2.404
    m=12.375
    n=10
    tauBase = 0.571 MPa
    Delta = 2.308e-7

A corresponding isothermal version of the BB model is available for ABAQUS/Standard using the following commands:

Code:
    *Hyperelastic, arruda-boyce
    0.785, 1.815, 0.005
    *Hysteresis
    5.807, 1027.14, -2.404, 12.375, 2.308e-7
    Jorgen Bergstrom, Ph.D. PolymerFEM Administrator

Comment

Hi, i am studying biomedical engineering and for my final project i am working on apply FEA on a prothesis made of silicone rubber.
      For beginning i used the information that you posted here and the model worked excelent. I made evaluations on the prothesis and the behavior was very similar.
      I have already made a uniaxial test on the silicone and try to use Marlow model, and the results tends to be like the real behavior but doesnt converge.
      I dont know if it is a good idea to compare the results and add information from these data.
      Do you have another idea?
      Thank you very much and i am sorry for my english!
      Agustina

Comment

I'm not a huge fan of the Marlow model. Can you use some other hyperelastic model?

-Jorgen
        Jorgen Bergstrom, Ph.D. PolymerFEM Administrator

Comment

Working...
        X