Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Differences between parameters of Eight-chain model

Hi Dr. Jorgen,

I am modeling sharp-probe indentation of a rubber-like material.
    I am interested to use eight-chain model in Abaqus to obtain force-indentation curves and show the different effects of changing Lambda(locking stretch) and mu(initial shear modulus) on the curves. However both seem to have similar influences on the curves, I mean by decreasing Lambda, the reaction force on the tip increases and so is when the shear modulus is increased. So I observed that many identical curves can be found with same cavity and amplitude based on different values for mu and lambda.

How can I detect the distinct influence of each of these paramters in their special way. Lambda and Mu should be different after all.

Many thanks

That is a good question. I would have thought that mu is significantly more influencial to the response than lambda.

As you probably know, mu gives the initial stiffness, and lambda determines the the strain level at which the stress-strain curves becomes very steep.

Are you sure your FE mesh is refined enough and that you push the indenter deep enough?

-Jorgen
    Jorgen Bergstrom, Ph.D. PolymerFEM Administrator

Comment

Working...
    X