• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nonlinear spring in ABAQUS CAE using keywords editor

Hi there,

I have an ABAQUS CAE model that uses linear spring as below:
    *Spring, elset=SpringSet

I am trying to convert this linear spring to a nonlinear spring in CAE using the keywords editor tool (Model/Edit Keywords....) using the following command:
    *Spring, elset=SpringSet, Nonelinear

-1000.,-1.

However when I close the keyword editor and open it again a lot of *conflicts command are apearing in the input as if something is wrong with what I've written. Can anyone help me how to solve this problem? I appreciate it in advance.

thanks

Hi, fred1980.

I noticed you mispelled the keyword "nonlinear" in your post. You wrote "Nonelinear"; try fixing that.
    I've also been struggling to make nonlinear springs. I use Abaqus 6.10 and, sometimes, 6.14.
    One thing I accidentally noticed was that my code is only accepted if I define a direction for the spring actuation, instead of leaving it "Follow line of action".

So try this:

*Spring, elset=SpringSet, nonlinear
    -1000.,-1.

The 1,1 stands for U1,U1 (if your spring lies on the x direction); If the spring is on the y axis, use 2,2 instead, and so on.
    I also noticed that a blank line must be left after the values, otherwise , the code mysteriously bugs.

Did you have any success ? If so, would you please let me know what you used?
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Toll_34; 2019-07-05, 19:21.

Comment

Working...
    X