Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surface tie constraint with UEL

Hi,

I have a 3D model in Abaqus where I use cohesive elements to simulate delamination. I have tie constraints between the upper nodes of the elements and continuum elements above them, and between the lower nodes and a rigid surface below. This all works well with the built-in cohesive elements.

However, I would also like to expand the model and use UEL for the cohesive elements. The problem I have run into is that I previously defined some surfaces through the cohesive elements, which I used for the tie constraints.

With UEL, the dat-file is now complaining that those surfaces do not exist. I have tried to use the corresponding node sets instead since I read online that only node-based surfaces can be used with user elements, but I get the same error. Is there any way to resolve this? I have previously done this in 2D and it seems I picked the surface in the CAE and then changed the input file to use UEL. But I don't really like that solution, since I want to have sets with clear names.

Thanks
    Simon
Working...
X