Notifications
Clear all

WLF shift function and Prony series

michstew10
Topic starter
(@michstew10)

Hi,

I am confused regarding the usage of Prony series and WLF shift function altogether in ANSYS. According to my understanding, WLF shift function is used to create master curve from relaxation data. The master curve is then fed into ANSYS in the form of Prony coefficients. My question is that why the constants of WLF shift function is required in the software, if a master curve has already been generated which gives the modulus of the polymer in its respective time?

Thanks,

Hasan

Topic Tags
2 Replies
Jorgen
(@jorgen)

It is kind of the opposite of what you are saying. You need the Prony series to get the viscoelastic response. The WLF parameters just shift the time response.

-Jorgen

Topic Tags
2 Replies
michstew10
Topic starter
(@michstew10)

[QUOTE=Jorgen,10498]It is kind of the opposite of what you are saying. You need the Prony series to get the viscoelastic response. The WLF parameters just shift the time response.

-Jorgen[/QUOTE]

Thanks Jorgen for the reply.

Could you please guide me, how can I calculate the stiffness of a polymer thru the principle of time temperature superposition using the wlf shift function. How do I use it in the maxwells model.?

Thanks once again

Share: