Notifications
Clear all

Prony Series Conversion

Page 2 / 3

SriV
 SriV
(@SriV)

Hi Jorgen -

Thanks for the how-to .pdf file. One question though: does the omega in your equations refer to rad/s or Hz? The units dont seem to cancel.

Perhaps this is just understood, or clarified in the ABAQUS manual which I dont have.

Thanks much.

- John

And by the way, I very much enjoyed your class last month in Burlingame. Learned a heck of a lot in 2 days.

Jorgen
Topic starter
(@jorgen)

Hi John, Good to hear from you.

The equations are written in terms of rad/s. The units look fine to me: omega * tau becomes dimensionless (tau is a characteristic time).

Thanks,
Jorgen

Shadowcowz
(@Shadowcowz)

Prony Series constant

[QUOTE=Jorgen,37]This pdf-file summarizes a simple mathematical approach that can be used to determine the Prony series from dynamic storage and loss modulus data.[/QUOTE]

I have storage and loss modulus with function of temperature but I dont know how to calculate the prony series constant. It is greatly appreciated if you could please give me some advice.

Jorgen
Topic starter
(@jorgen)

Storage and loss modulus data as a function of temperature is not enough 🙁
You need more or other data.

-Jorgen

Shadowcowz
(@Shadowcowz)

Hey Jorgen

Thanks for the information.

But can you please explain, Is there any way to extract the prony series constant because I have only one graph of storage and loss modulus with different temperature.So please suggest how to extract the prony constants or what kind of data required to get the prony constant?

Jorgen
Topic starter
(@jorgen)

You need storage and loss modulus as a function of frequency, or stress relaxation data, or creep data.

-Jorgen

hadi25teh
(@hadi25teh)

[QUOTE=Jorgen,37]This pdf-file summarizes a simple mathematical approach that can be used to determine the Prony series from dynamic storage and loss modulus data.[/QUOTE]

Is that for abaqus or ansys?

Page 2 / 3
Share: