Modeling Viscoelast...

Notifications
Clear all

Modeling Viscoelastic model in Ansys

10 Posts
6 Users
0 Reactions
(@JoanHolmes)

I applied Prony Series and did a transient structural analysis in ANSYS but I didnt find any phase lag between stress and strain which should come because of the energy dissipated by viscoelastic material. Does it mean that Prony series alone doesnot capture the energy dissipation and we have to input a complex youngs modulus in ANSYS. Help !!!

(@Linsu5563)

Dear all:

I have a question about viscoelastic model by using Prony series:

Does Prony series have the ability to predict(not just to simulate) the material behavior at different strain rates?

I tried to use one set of Prony constants to simulate relaxation curve at different strain rates of the same material, but it turned out that the model cannot fit the experiment data.

Or every time we need test data under every different strain rates to obtain the Prony constants for the same material(means the Prony constants are different at each time)? That will be expensive ...

Hope I have stated my question clearly

Thanks so much

Best regards

Wenlong

(@jb0929n)

[QUOTE=srikanta,10810]I applied Prony Series and did a transient structural analysis in ANSYS but I didnt find any phase lag between stress and strain which should come because of the energy dissipated by viscoelastic material. Does it mean that Prony series alone doesnot capture the energy dissipation and we have to input a complex youngs modulus in ANSYS. Help !!!

I have the exact problem, i too am in dire need of help. Ive also tried the viscoelastic tab in Linear Viscoelasticity in engineering data, it still makes no difference. Please help. Im going to fail if i cannot simulate viscoelasticity in ANsys. And apparently, there is no support anywhere online when it comes to viscoelastic simulation in ANSYS. Its driving me crazy.

Page 2 / 2
Share: