Clear all

UMAT - Nonlinear Viscoelasticity

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@tenishasc)

Hello everybody,

My task is to write a UMAT for nonlinear viscoelastic material based on the attached paper. For now, I have written the UMAT (1D formulation) and I am able to generate the output. My problems are

[LIST=1]

Validity of the code I have attached the stress vs time graph for a relaxation test on 1D Truss element. The behaviour looks normal (correct me if you have to) to me.

[/LIST]

[LIST=1]

If i change the input parameters, say I play with the initial time increment of Steps or change the displacement from 5 units to 10 units, the job keeps running and does not complete. I have to manually delete .lck file from the folder and again run the job. I am not able to understand what is going wrong. Would be really helpful if somebody could throw some light on it.

[/LIST]

Thanks in advance for your time

Shree

P.S I have attached the input file and the UMAT for your reference. (Uploads.zip)

Problem with UMAT? - ResearchGate. Available from: [url] https://www.researchgate.net/post/Problem_with_UMAT [/url] [accessed Feb 14, 2016].

Topic Tags
1 Reply
(@jorgen)

Writing a proper UMAT is not easy and requires massive testing using simple FE models, etc.

Unfortunately I dont have the time to review your files 🙁

Best of luck,
Jorgen

Topic Tags
1 Reply
Share: