[Solved] Using ANSYS Template  

dvhudson08
(@dvhudson08)

Hi,

I am trying to use the ANSYS Template to test this cool feature of fitting any in-built ANSYS models but somehow I am not able to get it worked. I followed the instruction given in the tutorial made for Abaqus (procedure should be same) but under Runtime output, I saw following message:

Starting simulation

ANSYS failed to complete the simulation strain_rate_0_001_ansys.inp stdout: stderr: Load case 8 (strain_rate_0.001) finished: final stress=0

Simulation done

I am not sure if the issue if creation of incorrect input file or linking or something else. Could anyone please help me with this?

Also I was wondering where could I find the input file generated. In this case it would be strain_rate_0_001_ansys.inp

I have turned off the option to delete ANSYS files so I think I could get this file and run it in stand alone ANSYS to verify it.

Thanks!

Regards,

Ashutosh

Topic Tags
2 Replies
dvhudson08
(@dvhudson08)

[QUOTE=Ashutosh.srivastava,11183]Hi,

I am trying to use the ANSYS Template to test this cool feature of fitting any in-built ANSYS models but somehow I am not able to get it worked. I followed the instruction given in the tutorial made for Abaqus (procedure should be same) but under Runtime output, I saw following message:

Starting simulation

ANSYS failed to complete the simulation strain_rate_0_001_ansys.inp stdout: stderr: Load case 8 (strain_rate_0.001) finished: final stress=0

Simulation done

I am not sure if the issue if creation of incorrect input file or linking or something else. Could anyone please help me with this?

Also I was wondering where could I find the input file generated. In this case it would be strain_rate_0_001_ansys.inp

I have turned off the option to delete ANSYS files so I think I could get this file and run it in stand alone ANSYS to verify it.

Thanks!

Regards,

Ashutosh[/QUOTE]

I am able to figure out the issue. It seems that MCALIBRATION is issuing following ANSYS command:

[B]/input,D:/Users/Ashsriva/Thermoplastics/Mcalibration fitting/strain_rate_0_001_mat.inp[/B]

Which is creating issue on a windows server machine (on which it is currently installed) but this command is working fine on windows 7 machine. It seems that command should be like:

[B]/input,D:/Users/Ashsriva/Thermoplastics/Mcalibration fitting/strain_rate_0_001_mat,inp[/B] which seems to be working on all OS.

Could anyone tell me how to report bug for MCALIBRATION?

Regards,

Ashutosh

Topic Tags
2 Replies
Jorgen
(@jorgen)

I got your bug report - thanks!
I will fix this issue right away.

As a workaround, for now, try using a path without a space...

-Jorgen

Jorgen
(@jorgen)

I got your bug report - thanks!
I will fix this issue right away.

As a workaround, for now, try using a path without a space...

-Jorgen

Share:

Please Login or Register