Notifications
Clear all

Plastic Strains in PolyUMat TNM - DNF - Models

alina599
Topic starter
(@alina599)

Dear Community,

when performing simulations in Abaqus/Standard using the PolyUMod (esp. TNM- and DNF-Model) I observe the lack of values for plastic strains in the history and field outputs. All values of PE & IE as well as PEMAG are zero. But not the energies, the ALLPD is clearly different from zero, what indicates the presence of plastic strains. When I run the same simulation with an Abaqus-Model e.g. elastic-plastic-isotropic hardening, the values of PE are properly calculated and different from zero.

I wonder, if this is a problem of my system or a general issue with the PolyUMod-Abaqus combination.

Software:

Abaqus 6.13-4

MCalibration & PolyUMod 4.2.0

Does anyone have the same experiences and maybe even a solution?

I appreciate any help and advices,

Hanseato

Topic Tags
1 Reply
Jorgen
(@jorgen)

Hello Hanseato,

The TNM and DNF models are viscoplastic models user-material models and can therefore not set the Abaqus plastic strain variables. Instead, all PolyUMod material model store the viscoplastic strain magnitude in state variable 2. You can plot history and contour plots of SDV2 using CAE.

The state variables are listed in the PolyUMod Users manual.
Note that you can also plot the state variables using MCalibration.

Best of luck,
Jorgen

Topic Tags
1 Reply
Jorgen
(@jorgen)

Hello Hanseato,

The TNM and DNF models are viscoplastic models user-material models and can therefore not set the Abaqus plastic strain variables. Instead, all PolyUMod material model store the viscoplastic strain magnitude in state variable 2. You can plot history and contour plots of SDV2 using CAE.

The state variables are listed in the PolyUMod Users manual.
Note that you can also plot the state variables using MCalibration.

Best of luck,
Jorgen

Share: