Help Forums

[Closed] Confined compression in MCalibration  

RSS

Hello, Good Questions.

1) The Confined Compression loading mode in MCalibration requires the applied axial stress and strain.
2) I recommend calibrating to all available experimental data at the same time.
3) Recent versions of MCalibration include the D1, D2, and D3 parameters for the Yeoh model.
4) The easiest way to introduce compressibility is by using a finite bulk modulus.

-Jorgen

Topic Tags
1 Answer

Hi dr. Bergstrom!

I have a question about obtaining volumetric coefficients for an elastomeric material.

I have performed monotonic uniaxial tests and confined compression tests. From uniaxial tests I have calibrated hyperelastic models assuming incompressibility. In combination with volumetric test data in view of pressure-volume ratio I have evaluated the volumetric coefficients in abaqus.

My question is what is the necessary data for confined compression in Mcalibration? Is it pressure and volumetric strain (positive or negative)? What is the recommended maximum value of the volumetric strain? Should uniaxial and confined compression be calibrated together like in ABQ?

Also Yeoh strain energy potential has D1, D2 and D3 in Abaqus and in MCalibration its just kappa.

What is the best way to introduce some compressibility in the numerical analysis, the initial bulk modulus or a secant value or nonlinear approach?

Thank you very much in advance!!!

Topic Tags
1 Answer

Hello, Good Questions.

1) The Confined Compression loading mode in MCalibration requires the applied axial stress and strain.
2) I recommend calibrating to all available experimental data at the same time.
3) Recent versions of MCalibration include the D1, D2, and D3 parameters for the Yeoh model.
4) The easiest way to introduce compressibility is by using a finite bulk modulus.

-Jorgen

Share:

Please Login or Register