Prony Series from D...

Prony Series from Dynamic Storage and Loss Modulus  

Jorgen
Admin
(@jorgen)

Lately I have received a few requests for information about how to determine the Prony series from dynamic vibrational data in the form of the loss modulus and the storage modulus. The Prony series is typically needed in order to specify the linear viscoelastic behavior in FE programs. The attahed pdf-file describes a method to determine the necessary Prony series parameters from dynamic data.

Topic Tags
2 Replies
rnold144
(@rnold144)

SImplex method?

[QUOTE=Jorgen,96]Lately I have received a few requests for information about how to determine the Prony series from dynamic vibrational data in the form of the loss modulus and the storage modulus. The Prony series is typically needed in order to specify the linear viscoelastic behavior in FE programs. The following [URL= http://polymerfem.com/polymer_files/Prony_Series_Conversion.pdf]pdf-file[/URL] describes a method to determine the necessary Prony series parameters from dynamic data.[/QUOTE]

The pdf states that we can use Simplex method for minimization of error, but isnt Simplex method only for linear problems? Isnt the equation here non-linear?

Topic Tags
2 Replies
Jorgen
Admin
(@jorgen)

The simplex method that I mentioned here is also called the Nelder-Mead method and it suitable for non-linear optimization problems.

-Jorgen

Share:

Please Login or Register