[Solved] Can I use Torsional Rheometer results for calibration using MCalibration?  

RSS

Yes. That data works great with MCalibration.

You need to use the Dynamic Data load case option:

And then select shear loading:

Topic Tags
5 Answers

Dear Dr.Bergstrom,
I have seen a MCalibration tutorial where you have used DMA results and relavant stress strain data for calibration. I currently have torsional Rheometer results and obtained G, G w.r.t Frequency. Can I use this data for my calibration?

Thanks!!

Topic Tags
5 Answers

Yes, you do not need stress-strain data. The linear viscoelasticity model will need a Youngs modulus which you can get those from the G and G data. The model will also need a Poissons ratio that you will need to estimate based on your material type.

-Jorgen

That is correct. To calibrate the BB model I recommend uniaxial tension (or compression) at 2 or more strain rates. If you want, you can also include G and G data on top of that.
You can calibrate the BB model, or some other NLVE model, using [URL= https://www.veryst.com/what-we-offer/polymer-modeling]MCalibration[/URL].

-Jorgen

Nice!! But is it okay to calibrate without experimental stress-strain data? Unfortunately I dont have it!

Thanks Dr.Bergstrm!!
Actually I wanted to calibrate for a BB model. But I see I will need additional experimental data (along with G, G, f[Hz]), if I need to calibrate for a NLVE model. Please correct me if I am wrong?

Yes, you do not need stress-strain data. The linear viscoelasticity model will need a Youngs modulus which you can get those from the G and G data. The model will also need a Poissons ratio that you will need to estimate based on your material type.

Share:

Please Login or Register