Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Calibrating Abaqus model in MCalibration  

bh1g12
(@bh1g12)

I am trying to calibrate an Abaqus material model to some test data I have. However, when I run the calibration I receive the error 'The specified path to abaqus is not valid. Please change the abaqus path in the global preferences dialog'. I have ensured that the Abaqus path is the same as that stated in the instructions and so it points to my abaqus.bat file. Does anyone know what might be the solution to this issue? (I am using a trial license of MCalibration, I don't know if this should make any difference?).

8 Replies
9 Replies
Jorgen
(@jorgen)

@bh1g12

Can you provide a screenshot of the dialog that specifies the path to abaqus?
Also, can you provide a screenshot of the specified directory?

-Jorgen

bh1g12
(@bh1g12)

Jorgen
(@jorgen)

@bh1g12

I see that you have specified the following abaqus path: c:\Program Files\SIMULIA\Commands\abaqus.bat

Can you also show a screenshot of that directory?

-Jorgen

bh1g12
(@bh1g12)

Jorgen
(@jorgen)

@bh1g12

This is quite intriguing. It all looks OK to me. Can you try the following: (1) In MCalibration un-select "Delete Abaqus files", (2) Change the file path to something simpler, like C:/Temp 

Also, make sure you have a directory called C:\Temp.

Then run try to run the test case again. After all that please let us know what files you have in your C:\Temp directory.

-Jorgen

bh1g12
(@bh1g12)

I've run the above, please see the attached image for the files that are contained in C:\Temp.

Jorgen
(@jorgen)

@bh1g12

What computer are you using and OS are you using?

What happens if you try to run the MCalibration generated inp-file from a command prompt window?

Can you also deselect all but one MCalibration Load Case?

-Jorgen

bh1g12
(@bh1g12)

What computer are you using and OS are you using?

Viglen Genie VIG830S running Windows 10 Enterprise

What happens if you try to run the MCalibration generated inp-file from a command prompt window?

I'm not sure what you mean by 'running' the .inp file. All the .inp files import correctly into Abaqus but when I try and submit the simulations created by average_true_axial_LC1_aba.inp or average_true_tangential_LC2_aba.inp there is an error. However, I think the source of the problem is before this as MCalibration won't calibrate the model parameters, they are still at their default values in the .inp files.

Can you also deselect all but one MCalibration Load Case?

I can do this but I only have two load cases. Deleting one doesn't appear to make any difference. What is odd is that I'm able to calibrate the inbuilt Abaqus models but not any of the Abaqus template models.

Jorgen
(@jorgen)

@bh1g12

I just sent you a private email...

-Jorgen

Share: