Notifications
Clear all

Tensile test FEA using dogbone model from Uniaxial experimental data

manasvi06
Topic starter
(@manasvi06)

Hi, I am trying to model a simple tension uniaxial test with Autodesk Simulation software using a dogbone shape I modeled based on a ASTM D638 Type IV test I conducted experimentally for obtaining engineering Stress-Strain Data. This is the only data I have for my hyperelastic elastomer material (Uniaxial Tension). I use it in the curve fitting function in the Autodesk Simulation software to produce Ogden fitting parameter constants and run the analysis to compare to my experimental data. I however do not obtain results in the FEA software comparable to what I received via experimental.

Is there a more suitable way to model a dogbone tensile test with FEA software (I have both Autodesk Simulation and Solidworks Simulation)? Will I be able to obtain any good FEA results comparable to experimental with only having Uniaxial Tension experimental data to use for obtaining a behavioral model of my material?

1 Reply
brianneal27
(@brianneal27)

hi i have already have some knowledge on this work

what actually u want to know about it???

i have completed thesis on Mechanical Properties predication of Filament Wound FRP Pipes,

In above thesis work I have calculated material properties predication of filament FRP Pipes using TRILAM software and with MATLAB also compare the results make the actual samples And tested as per ASTM D 638, 3039, 790 standards and for virtual testing I have used ANSYS for Tensile Strength predication and compare actual and virtual testing results... [QUOTE=jpbrinson,10429]Hi, I am trying to model a simple tension uniaxial test with Autodesk Simulation software using a dogbone shape I modeled based on a ASTM D638 Type IV test I conducted experimentally for obtaining engineering Stress-Strain Data. This is the only data I have for my hyperelastic elastomer material (Uniaxial Tension). I use it in the curve fitting function in the Autodesk Simulation software to produce Ogden fitting parameter constants and run the analysis to compare to my experimental data. I however do not obtain results in the FEA software comparable to what I received via experimental.

Is there a more suitable way to model a dogbone tensile test with FEA software (I have both Autodesk Simulation and Solidworks Simulation)? Will I be able to obtain any good FEA results comparable to experimental with only having Uniaxial Tension experimental data to use for obtaining a behavioral model of my material?[/QUOTE]

1 Reply
Share: