Clear all

Curve fitting in ANSYS

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@joneswright)

Hi

I am doing hyper elastic modelling. I have Uni axial stress strain data. I am using curve fitting tool in ANSYS. Should I give the same stress strain data as input to curve fitting tool or should I convert the strain into stretch ratio and then give as input? pls help me in this.

After fitting the model in curve fitting tool in ANSYS hyper elastic modelling, I am getting the fitted model parameters alone but how do I get the corresponding stress and strain values fitted for model. so that I can import to Matlab.

I am struggling in that. So please help me. Thanks in advance.

Kavitha

2 Replies
(@boiler1111)
Eminent Member

Curve fitting in ANSYS

Hi Kavitha,

In ANSYS Curve Fitting tool, engineering strain quantities are used as input values. There is a button Plot to view the comparison between your experimental/input data and the model response. If you need the numerical values (of model response), there is probably no other way than to perform FE simulation of the specific deformation and then analyze the results.

Anyway - HYPERFIT software ([url]www.hyperfit.wz.cz[/url]) is an alternative way for material curve-fitting that allows you to fit the constitutive model (~obtain material parameters) and than you can directly see (and save/export) the model response (in both - graphical and numerical form).

Pavel Skacel

2 Replies
Topic starter
(@joneswright)

[QUOTE=skacel,10908]Hi Kavitha,

In ANSYS Curve Fitting tool, engineering strain quantities are used as input values. There is a button Plot to view the comparison between your experimental/input data and the model response. If you need the numerical values (of model response), there is probably no other way than to perform FE simulation of the specific deformation and then analyze the results.

Anyway - HYPERFIT software ([url]www.hyperfit.wz.cz[/url]) is an alternative way for material curve-fitting that allows you to fit the constitutive model (~obtain material parameters) and than you can directly see (and save/export) the model response (in both - graphical and numerical form).

Pavel Skacel

Hi Paval,

Thank you very much for your reply. I will explore hyperfit.

Kavitha

Share: