Im new to this Forum and would first of all like to thank all of you for the interesting discussions I was able to follow in the past on this Forum.
Im and Engineering Student (from germany so sry for my english mistakes ,)) and new to the FEM Modeling of Foam Materials and would like to use Abaqus 6.14 to simulate a Thermoforming process with such materials.
After the first material tests it turns out that my foam material has a mainly hyperelastic behaviour with very small poissons ratios.
Therefore I checked some material models in a simple compression test and it turned out that hyperfoam-material seems to be the way to go.
For further precision and simulation of a real thermoforming process I would like to try the following:
1. Give temperature dependent values for the Hyperfoam Material
2. Set a starting temperature
3. Do a compression
4. Set an ending temperature
5. Open the Compression tool and allow spring back / rebound of the material
As I might soon get information on the heat relevant characteristics of my material I might also combine everything with a thermal simulation instead of just setting temperatures.
And here are my questions concerning the steps above:
1.) Hyperfoam Material gives the opportunity to enter several temperature dependent values like mu1, mu2 ... alpha1, alpha2, ... nu1, nu2, ... depending on the strain energy potential order.
I have got stress-strain curves for several temperatures but if I use test data instead of those mu, alpha and nu values I loose the ability to use temperature dependence. Therefore I would have to find out how Abaqus transforms my test data into those material values. Is there a way to see which values abaqus calculates from the test data?
3. and 5.) Im not sure how to make the simulation work the way I want it. I did a very simple compression between two rigid plates and defined a step in which one of the plates is moved in the direction it compresses the square 3d-deformable material. This works quite good but if I add a second step in which I move the plate back it does not work and I get an error. Does someone have a solution for this (I hope quite) simple task?
2. and 4.) Is it possible to simply set a new temperature for the whole material during a simulation?
I think my quetions concerning 2.-5.) might be answered with some good tutorials but until now I didnt find anything fitting my needs and trial and error led me only to errors.
Thank you for your advice!