Crushable foam Simu...

Notifications
Clear all

Crushable foam Simulation inAbaqus  

neilon
(@neilon)

Hello ,

I was using the Abaqus to simulate the compression failure behavior of an Interpenetrating Network composite structure consisting of Aluminum and Syntactic foam.

I am trying to input the Hardening curve for the [B]CRUSHABLE FOAM model[/B]

as true stress = engineering stress(1+engineering strain)

Plastic Strain = true strain -(true stress /E)

but my model doesnt run for more than 2% strian . I[B]t gives an error Message saying : Solution Appears to be diverging Convergence is judged Unlikely

Too many Attempts made for this Increment.[/B]

Can you please let me know if I am inputing the hardening data in the right way or are there other problems with simulation as I have 2 different materials

Thank you in Advance for your help,

Rahul

Topic Tags
5 Replies
Jorgen
(@jorgen)

Your approach looks OK to me.

The error message that you got can be caused by different problems. Does the simulation work with a different material model? If you run a one element simulation using your material model, does that work?

- Jorgen

Topic Tags
5 Replies
neilon
(@neilon)

Jorgen,

Thanks for ur reply. I had used the metal plasticity model that is available in Abaqus and it actually runs for 25% strains . But since i was doing the compression tests simulation I was more keen on using the cruhable foam model.

Does it mean that i am not inputing the hardening behaiour in the right way for crushable foam model..Pls. let me knw what u think about this.

Thanks once Again,

Rahul

Jorgen
(@jorgen)

I cannot say for sure, but my guess is that you are not implementing the crushable foam model correctly.

Sreekanth_P
(@Sreekanth_P)

Dear Sir,

I have recently started PHD project.

My work mainly involves aluminum foam open cell FEA modelling with the application of abaqus. In the first part I have to make crushing model of aluminum foam.

In regard of that could you please help me how can I make aluminum foam model (any videos or cad file)

Please do let me know if you need any sort of information.

Thank you very much in advance for sparing time and consideration. I look forward to hear from you soon.

Jorgen
(@jorgen)

Sorry, I dont work much with Al-foam.

Best of luck,
J

Share: