writing in a .dat file with Abaqus Subroutines

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
blinker0001
Topic starter
(@blinker0001)

I am able to write data in a file using:

open(105,file=G:\Program files\Abaqus 11\Temp\subroutine test\isotropic isothermal elasticity\result.dat,position=append,recl=100)

write(105,*) test

close(105)

But everytime I want to rerun my job, i should first delete the content of result.dat and then rerun otherwise the results of the upcoming run would be appended to the existing ones. I added status = replace to the open statement, but abaqus gives an error. Anyidea what I should do?

Thanks

Topic Tags
3 Replies
blinker0001
Topic starter
(@blinker0001)

[QUOTE=ebrahimzade_vd,11666]I am able to write data in a file using:

open(105,file=G:\Program files\Abaqus 11\Temp\subroutine test\isotropic isothermal elasticity\result.dat,position=append,recl=100)

write(105,*) test

close(105)

But everytime I want to rerun my job, i should first delete the content of result.dat and then rerun otherwise the results of the upcoming run would be appended to the existing ones. I added status = replace to the open statement, but abaqus gives an error. Anyidea what I should do?

Thanks

ANSWER:

open(105,file=G:\Program files\Abaqus 11\Temp\subroutine test\isotropic isothermal elasticity\result.dat,[B]status=old[/B],recl=100)

Topic Tags
3 Replies
blinker0001
Topic starter
(@blinker0001)

[QUOTE=ebrahimzade_vd,11669]ANSWER:

open(105,file=G:\Program files\Abaqus 11\Temp\subroutine test\isotropic isothermal elasticity\result.dat,[B]status=old[/B],recl=100)

This is not correct because in next call of umat, whatever is written in the file is overwritten. My only option is now:

Any other idea?

Jorgen
(@jorgen)

No. Sounds reasonable to me.

-Jorgen

Share: