Visualizing user-defined elements in Abaqus/CAE

11 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@aas0092)
Eminent Member

I am running in Abaqus standard.

I think it may have to do with the B-matrix, or node ordering.

I have created shape functions in the standard order, so this should be correct.

Topic starter
(@aas0092)
Eminent Member

Success

Some time ago, I had managed to sort this problem out. It was indeed a change in the shape function ordering.

I verified the results with the work of a colleague of mine running the same code in Deal II. Our results are identical, and logical.

(@jorgen)

Good work - cool 😎

(@phonesystems)

Hi 🙂

I know that the question of DaVinci was a long time ago but I actually got the same one.. I also would like to visualize an UEL (but just 2D and 4 Nodes)

Jorgen said:
The way to overlay elements is to add the elements into the input file, and then tie/join the DOF between the UEL and standard elements. It is not anything tricky about this, all you need to do is to create a new set of (standard) elements that have the same coordinate positions.

What is a DOF (file?) ? I did just add points into my .inp file and tried to complete it .. I also used an example given by Abaqus (UELTRAN with the ueltran.f fortran program). But if you try to run this example, you will just see 2 crosses, which actually correspond to 2 points of the UEL. And if you select a huge area around theese crosses you will see the other points of the UEL (in red because they are selected)!! It is weird, no ?
But I found a way to see the nodes of this UEL with this command ( that you have to put into the inp file):
*ELGEN, ELSET=UTRUSS
101 ,5 (number of my points)

With that are all my UELs points materialized by a cross .. but I cant see an entire solid (and I cant complete the Job). But is that normal ? The images attached by DaVinci are not just crosses .. ! How did you manage that?

Freundliche Gren,

pechfalke.

Page 2 / 2
Share: