Notifications
Clear all

Viscoelasticity  

alvchar12
(@alvchar12)

Hi everyone, is it possible to build a viscoelastic model on abaqus 6.10 by using spring/dashpot elements and hence simulate the model to obtain the strain response? if yes, how can this be achieved?

i have tried to model this on matlab, but the response i obtained by applying a step input to the models transfer function does not seem reasonable.

Regards.

3 Replies
Jorgen
(@jorgen)

Yes, that can be done. All you need to do is to convert your spring/dashpot model into a equivalent Prony series, and then run the simulation in Abaqus.

-Jorgen

3 Replies
alvchar12
(@alvchar12)

[QUOTE=Jorgen,9532]Yes, that can be done. All you need to do is to convert your spring/dashpot model into a equivalent Prony series, and then run the simulation in Abaqus.

-Jorgen[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much for your reply, but i still do not understand how to model a Prony series as i do not have enough confidence simulating polymers in Abaqus.

however i have seen a thread on the forum regarding Advanced Finite Element Modeling of Solid Polymers (Part 2). will the tutors be kind enough to explain how to go about the simulation to me if i decide to register?

your favourable response is anticipated.

with regards

Ismaeel

Jorgen
(@jorgen)

The basic polymer modeling [URL= https://polymerfem.com/content.php?8-Training-Classes]training class[/URL] that I give discusses (amount many other things) how to convert between Prony series and an equivalent spring/dashpot model.

-Jorgen

Share: