Clear all

Using UAMP in Abaqus 6.12

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@ramizraja)

Hello everyone,

Im experiencing a very annoying issue with Abaqus 6.12. Im using the UAMP subroutine to impose the displacement of some nodes relatively to the position of a reference sensor.

Everything worked fine in version 6.11, but since my lab updated to 6.12, the job crashes as soon as the subroutine is called, with the error illegal memory reference (signal 11). I have the following error in the .msg file :

[CODE] ***ERROR: Sensor SENSOR cannot be found but is accessed in UAMP. Please make sure that this sensor is defined for this step.[/CODE]

It crashes at the line

[CODE]DISPLACEMENT = GETSENSORVALUE(SENSOR,jSensorLookUpTable,

* sensorValues)[/CODE]

I copied/pasted the code template from the documentation and only added a couple of line, including that one.

My sensor is defined as an History Output named Sensor containing only U1 on the node set called SENSOR (containing 1 vertex). The output is active for the desired step. I repeat that everything worked perfectly in 6.11 and the only change was the Abaqus update. I dont use any customized environment.

Does anyone knows about some changes in the implementation of the GETSENSORVALUE function? I couldnt find anything in the 6.12 release note. Maybe I should change my definition of the sensor?

Thanksss

3 Replies
(@ruski)

[QUOTE=julien1024,10364]Hello everyone,

Im experiencing a very annoying issue with Abaqus 6.12. Im using the UAMP subroutine to impose the displacement of some nodes relatively to the position of a reference sensor.

Everything worked fine in version 6.11, but since my lab updated to 6.12, the job crashes as soon as the subroutine is called, with the error illegal memory reference (signal 11). I have the following error in the .msg file :

[CODE] ***ERROR: Sensor SENSOR cannot be found but is accessed in UAMP. Please make sure that this sensor is defined for this step.[/CODE]

It crashes at the line

[CODE]DISPLACEMENT = GETSENSORVALUE(SENSOR,jSensorLookUpTable,

* sensorValues)[/CODE]

I copied/pasted the code template from the documentation and only added a couple of line, including that one.

My sensor is defined as an History Output named Sensor containing only U1 on the node set called SENSOR (containing 1 vertex). The output is active for the desired step. I repeat that everything worked perfectly in 6.11 and the only change was the Abaqus update. I dont use any customized environment.

Does anyone knows about some changes in the implementation of the GETSENSORVALUE function? I couldnt find anything in the 6.12 release note. Maybe I should change my definition of the sensor?

Thanksss

I also have the same problem...

I have defined the sensor this way

*Output, history, sensor, name=SENSOR, frequency=1

*Node Output, nset=SENSOR

U2,

3 Replies
Topic starter
(@ramizraja)

Eventually, I could solve this issue!
Everything comes from an update of the UAMP and VUAMP subroutines in version 6.12. Basically, some additional variables (Props and nProps) are defined in that version and you need to update your subroutine header, even if youre not using any of the new features. Simply check the UAMP definition in the Documentation and copy/paste it in your Fortran code, and it should work.
Also, make sure that you wrote the correct sensor name in your subroutine. Defining the sensor with a History output is the correct way of doing it. Additionally, you can check whats going on in your subroutine by displaying the nSensor and sensorNames variable. Check the documentation for details about the available variables.

(@ruski)

Thank you! It worked!

Share: