Notifications
Clear all

succeed in installing ABAQUS subroutine

35 Posts
16 Users
0 Reactions
(@Ekoeg)
Eminent Member

Hello... I had try ur suggestion. but its display the ifort.exe not found in path....

how i can solve it....

thanx.

(@jorgen)

Do you have ifort.exe installed on your computer?

If so, I recommend that you set the search path for the compiler using the Intel procedure. There is usually a bat-file that you can run that sets the compiler path...

-Jorgen

(@Ekoeg)
Eminent Member

im very sorry im very new in the abaqus and subroutine....
i think i no have ifort exe.... what the software name that i can dowload the ifort.exe............

(@r3trol0gic)

[QUOTE=civilinha,3286]1. install visual studio, fortran and abaqus

(1)install Visual Studio

My Studio is Microsoft Visual Studio 2005

(2)install Fortran

My compiler is Intel(R) Fortran Compiler 10.0.025

(3)install ABAQUS

My ABAQUS version is 6.8-1

2. set some environment variables

My computer-->system properties-->advanced-->environment variables-->user variables for user

[U]Note: The following directories may be different from your computer[/U].

INCLUDE=C:\Program Files\Intel\Compiler\Fortran\10.0.025\IA32\Include,C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\include,C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\PlatformSDK\Include

LIB=C:\Program Files\Intel\Compiler\Fortran\10.0.025\IA32\Lib,C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\lib,C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\Lib,C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\PlatformSDK\Lib

LINK_F90=sstatd.lib sstats.lib smathd.lib smaths.lib sf90mp.lib

[U]Note:I use the same LINK_F90 as compiler 9.1 for I couldnt find it for Fortran 10.0.025.[/U]

-->system variables

IFORT_COMPILER10=C:\Program Files\Intel\Compiler\Fortran\10.0.025\

INTEL_LICENSE_FILE=C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\Licenses

PATH=c:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\binn\,%IFORT_COMPILER10%\IA32\Lib,%IFORT_COMPILER10%\IA32\BIN,C:\ABAQUS\Commands, C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\Bin,C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\bin,C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\PlatformSDK\Bin,C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\vcpackages,C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\Tools,C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE

3&#65294,Change start properties

(1)ABAQUS CAE properties&#65306,

start-->all programs-->abaqus 6.8-1-->abaqus cae(right click)-->properties-->shortcut-->target

change from

C:\ABAQUS\Commands\abq681.bat cae || pause

into

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\bin\vcvars32.bat && C:\Program Files\Intel\Compiler\Fortran\10.0.025\IA32\Bin\ifortvars.bat && C:\ABAQUS\Commands\abq681.bat cae || pause

(2)ABAQUS COMMAND properties

start-->all programs-->abaqus 6.8-1-->abaqus command(right click)-->properties-->shortcut-->target

changec from

C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /k

into

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\bin\vcvars32.bat && C:\Program Files\Intel\Compiler\Fortran\10.0.025\IA32\Bin\ifortvars.bat && C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /k

(3)ABAQUS VERIFICATION

start-->all programs-->abaqus 6.8-1-->abaqus verification(right click)-->properties-->shortcut-->target

change from

C:\ABAQUS\Commands\abq681.bat -verify -all -log && notepad.exe verify.log || notepad.exe verify.log

to

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\bin\vcvars32.bat && C:\Program Files\Intel\Compiler\Fortran\10.0.025\IA32\Bin\ifortvars.bat && C:\ABAQUS\Commands\abq681.bat -verify -all -log && notepad.exe verify.log || notepad.exe verify.log

Enjoy

Hi,

I am using ABAQUS 6.11-1 and I have also installed Intel FORTRAN 11.1.054 and Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 on windows 7 64 bit. I wanted to follow the steps you mentioned, but first of all I dont know what the name of the user and system variables and their corresponding values should be? also I cannot perform step (3) for the verification. The name is too long for the target and I cannot introduce both paths for fortran and visual studio. More specifically I cannot type vcvarsamd64.bat because the name will be too long. Also is there any sequence in inputting visual studio and fortran paths? I mean is it important to first introduce Visual Studio path and then Fortran or vice-versa?

Thanks!

(@AnthonyHugman)

Mandriam:

I have the same problem with you, I just open the .f file in Visual Studio and save as .for file, is that what you did?

Thanks,

bqw

[QUOTE=mandriam,6922]Thanks a lot,

1) I just tried to change extension into .for in Visual Studio and it seems to be ok for that, 2) I think Im just not common enough until now but though thanks.

(@jaxon0030)

Hello,

I have a similar issue. But its display this error message:

WindowsError: [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified

The subroutine is in the working directory, I tried Jorgens suggestion but the error is still there

How can I solve this issue?

(@mohamad3235)

problem installing visuo studio and intel compiler fortran.

Hi, im using abaqus 6.9 with the computer Wnidow 7 -64bit operating system.

May i know abaqus 6.9 must using visual studio 2005 or we can using other than 2008?

and may i know we writting our subroutine in the fortran 90 ? and we still need to install intel compiler fortran?

thanks for your help.

Page 5 / 5
Share: