1. install visual studio, fortran and abaqus

(1)install Visual Studio

My Studio is Microsoft Visual Studio 2005

(2)install Fortran

My compiler is Intel(R) Fortran Compiler 10.0.025

(3)install ABAQUS

My ABAQUS version is 6.8-1

2. set some environment variables

My computer-->system properties-->advanced-->environment variables-->user variables for user

[U]Note: The following directories may be different from your computer[/U].

INCLUDE=C:\Program Files\Intel\Compiler\Fortran\10.0.025\IA32\Include,C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\include,C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\PlatformSDK\Include

LIB=C:\Program Files\Intel\Compiler\Fortran\10.0.025\IA32\Lib,C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\lib,C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\Lib,C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\PlatformSDK\Lib

LINK_F90=sstatd.lib sstats.lib smathd.lib smaths.lib sf90mp.lib

[U]Note:I use the same LINK_F90 as compiler 9.1 for I couldnt find it for Fortran 10.0.025.[/U]

-->system variables

IFORT_COMPILER10=C:\Program Files\Intel\Compiler\Fortran\10.0.025\

INTEL_LICENSE_FILE=C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\Licenses

PATH=c:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\binn\,%IFORT_COMPILER10%\IA32\Lib,%IFORT_COMPILER10%\IA32\BIN,C:\ABAQUS\Commands, C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\Bin,C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\bin,C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\PlatformSDK\Bin,C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\vcpackages,C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\Tools,C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE

3&#65294,Change start properties

(1)ABAQUS CAE properties&#65306,

start-->all programs-->abaqus 6.8-1-->abaqus cae(right click)-->properties-->shortcut-->target

change from

C:\ABAQUS\Commands\abq681.bat cae || pause

into

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\bin\vcvars32.bat && C:\Program Files\Intel\Compiler\Fortran\10.0.025\IA32\Bin\ifortvars.bat && C:\ABAQUS\Commands\abq681.bat cae || pause

(2)ABAQUS COMMAND properties

start-->all programs-->abaqus 6.8-1-->abaqus command(right click)-->properties-->shortcut-->target

changec from

C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /k

into

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\bin\vcvars32.bat && C:\Program Files\Intel\Compiler\Fortran\10.0.025\IA32\Bin\ifortvars.bat && C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /k

(3)ABAQUS VERIFICATION

start-->all programs-->abaqus 6.8-1-->abaqus verification(right click)-->properties-->shortcut-->target

change from

C:\ABAQUS\Commands\abq681.bat -verify -all -log && notepad.exe verify.log || notepad.exe verify.log

to

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\bin\vcvars32.bat && C:\Program Files\Intel\Compiler\Fortran\10.0.025\IA32\Bin\ifortvars.bat && C:\ABAQUS\Commands\abq681.bat -verify -all -log && notepad.exe verify.log || notepad.exe verify.log

Enjoy

34 Replies
(@jorgen)

Thanks for the hint. Very nice 😎

- Jorgen

34 Replies
(@macs85)

Great work, it realy works

I have got throught the whole procedure and it did realy help me.

Topic starter
(@tuvw229)

Actully, if you set environment variables before installing ABAQUS, you dont need to do the third step. Enjoy!

(@Thygema)

Hi everybody,

I had the aforementioned Problems for two weeks. I checked all the Internet and heres a solution that worked for me (WinXPpro).

Installed Visual C++, Fortran, Abaqus

[B]Installed Windows Server 2003 SP1 Platform SDK![/B]

Manually added the path files as said in the post above

Becreative with the libs, includes, and add all you can find belonging to microsoft visual studio, sdk or c++

Ran verify command.

It said Fortran installed, C++ not found.

I couldnt run any user subroutines due to *.lib or *.dll not found.

although all librarys were on my pc in the added paths

[B]What made the difference:

I took all the *.lib files from

the SDK Folder ...\MIcrosoft SDK\Lib

and copied them into the

...\microsoft visual studio\VC\lib

folder.[/B]

And voil, I can succesfully verify abaqus now and use user subs. 😮

cheers

(@toyyong)

linking of subroutines with abaqus

It will be very helpful if u answer the following queries...........

1) How to link subroutines code with abaqus and execute the job ???

2) How to Simulate the job after compilation....

(@jorgen)

1) You dont link with Abaqus. Abaqus will do that for you. What you need is either the Fortran source file, an object code file, or a shared library file.

2) You can then run the simulation for example using:
abaqus job=[file.inp] user=[fortranfile.for]

-Jorgen

Page 1 / 5
Share: