Clear all

Problems with abaqus subroutines and fortran compiler

8 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@camachf1)

Hello everybody,

hope that someone of you smart and expert Abaqus users can help me with this problem. I am using Abaqus 6.8.1 and I need to use its subroutines. Then I performed the various operations to get them working as showed in an older post I found on this forum.

In particular I performed the following operations:

1. install visual studio, fortran and abaqus

(1)install Visual Studio

My Studio is Microsoft Visual Studio 2005

(2)install Fortran

My compiler is Intel(R) Fortran Compiler 9.1

(3)install ABAQUS

2. set some environment variables

My computer-->system properties-->advanced-->environment variables-->user variables for user

Note: The following directories may be different from your computer.

INCLUDE=C:\Programmi\Intel\Compiler\Fortran\9.1\IA32\Include ,C:\Programmi\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\include,C:\Programmi\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\PlatformSDK\Include

LIB=C:\Programmi\Intel\Compiler\Fortran\9.1\IA32\Lib,C:\ Programmi\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\lib,C:\Programmi\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\Lib,C:\Programmi\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\PlatformSDK\Lib

LINK_F90=sstatd.lib sstats.lib smathd.lib smaths.lib sf90mp.lib

Note:I use the same LINK_F90 as compiler 9.1 for I couldnt find it for Fortran 10.0.025.

-->system variables

IFORT_COMPILER91=C:\Programmi\Intel\Compiler\Fortran\9.1\

INTEL_LICENSE_FILE=C:\Programmi\File comuni\Intel\Licenses

PATH=c:\Programmi\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\binn\,%IFORT_COMPILER91%\IA32\Lib, %IFORT_COMPILER91%\IA32\BIN,C:\ABAQUS\Commands, C:\Programmi\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\Bin,C:\Programmi\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\bin,C:\Programmi\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\PlatformSDK\Bin,C:\Programmi\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\vcpackages,C:\Programmi\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\Tools,C:\Programmi\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE

3&#65294,Change start properties

(1)ABAQUS CAE properties&#65306,

start-->all programs-->abaqus 6.8-1-->abaqus cae(right click)-->properties-->shortcut-->target

change from

C:\ABAQUS\Commands\abq681.bat cae || pause

into

C:\Programmi\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\bin\vcvars32.bat && C:\Programmi\Intel\Compiler\Fortran\9.1\IA32\Bin\ifortvars.bat && C:\SIMULIA\ABAQUS\Commands\abq681.bat cae || pause

(2)ABAQUS COMMAND properties

start-->all programs-->abaqus 6.8-1-->abaqus command(right click)-->properties-->shortcut-->target

changec from

C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /k

into

C:\Programmi\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\bin\vcvars32.bat && C:\Programmi\Intel\Compiler\Fortran\9.1\IA32\Bin\ifortvars.bat && C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /k

(3)ABAQUS VERIFICATION

start-->all programs-->abaqus 6.8-1-->abaqus verification(right click)-->properties-->shortcut-->target

change from

C:\ABAQUS\Commands\abq681.bat -verify -all -log && notepad.exe verify.log || notepad.exe verify.log

to

C:\Programmi\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\bin\vcvars32.bat && C:\Programmi\Intel\Compiler\Fortran\9.1\IA32\Bin\ifortvars.bat && C:\SIMULIA\ABAQUS\Commands\abq681.bat -verify -all -log && notepad.exe verify.log || notepad.exe verify.log

Now, when I try to run ABAQUS/CAE and ABAQUS commands, they work properly but when I try to launch the verification the DOS window opens and shut down immediately.

I did this procedure on two computers (desktops, Windows XP) and on my laptop (Win7). Always have the same result. Moreover on my laptop the Intel compiler doesnt work even on its own (tried to compile a sample .f file given by Abaqus and succeeded on the desktops, not on my laptop--> maybe Intel Fortran compiler version 9.1 doesnt work fine with Windows 7 ??).

I know this is not an interesting topic to debate but it is of vital importance for my work!! So again, please expert users, help me!

Thank you in advance,

Giulio

Topic Tags
7 Replies
(@jorgen)

Does Abaqus work OK that way it is?

I often have problems with the Abaqus verify command, and that does not necessarily mean that something is wrong?

It is possible that ifort v9.1 is not compatible with Win 7. I have not tried that.

-Jorgen

Topic Tags
7 Replies
Topic starter
(@camachf1)

Jorgen

thank you for your reply. If I try to launch Abaqus Cae or command it works. The verification doesnt work. Is there any other way to check if the subroutines work without wasting a lot of time?

Moreover the Intel compiler seem to work in a bad way as it doesnt succeed in compiling a fortran sample program provided by Abaqus, whereas the same compiler works fine on another computer with XP.

Thanks again for your help.

Giulio

ghis
(@ghis)

[QUOTE=giulio.martire,6253]Jorgen

thank you for your reply. If I try to launch Abaqus Cae or command it works. The verification doesnt work. Is there any other way to check if the subroutines work without wasting a lot of time?

You may try running a simple test problem with your subroutine and see if the job completes. Im studying on the UEL subroutine currently.

(@hchamberlain)

[QUOTE=giulio.martire,6211]

Now, when I try to run ABAQUS/CAE and ABAQUS commands, they work properly but when I try to launch the verification the DOS window opens and shut down immediately.

Hi Giulio,
could you do this?

abaqus verify -all > mylog.txt

and post here it.

best regards,
-giuseppe

Topic starter
(@camachf1)

Thank you everybody. I appreciate your help.

@azhouye: I never wrote a subroutine so its something that I cant do immediately (have to understand how they work and how to write them, I need to use the Uwave one).

@Giuseppe: I did what you told me to do.

In particular I launched Abaqus command and then I wrote as you suggested:

C:\Simulia\Abaqus\Commands\abaqus verify -all>mylog.txt

(this is the path of the command abaqus on my laptop)

The answer was:

ERROR: could not determine platform type. at C:\Simulia\Abaqus\Commands\abaqus verify.pl line 3008.

Tomorrow I will connect through remote control to my desktop in Italy (Im currently abroad for some months) and see if the sam error happens there.

Do you have any idea in how to fix this?

Thank you!

Giulio

Topic starter
(@camachf1)

I just connected through remote control to my desktop. I launched the

C:\Simulia\Abaqus\Commands\abaqus verify -all>mylog.txt

(this is the path of the command abaqus on my desktop)

The answer was:

ERROR: could not determine platform type. at C:\Abaqus\6.8.1\exec\abaqus verify.pl line 3008.

So basically the same happens on both of my computers.

Is there any difference between the procedure I used to set the environment variables and the one you guys use?

Thanks for the help,

Giulio

Page 1 / 2
Share: