Search
Close this search box.
Notifications
Clear all

Please help: Im trying wiperblade simulation on Abaqus....

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@Skollie)

Hello everybody!

Im trying to simulate the contact between the wiperblade and the windscreen (the next step will be to simulate all the sliding of the wiper on the windshield too).

I model the rubber of the wiper as an hyperelastic materials.

It should be an EPDM rubber and I use *Hyperelastic, neo hook

0.25, 1180.

Im not sure...are these values correct?

Moreover, Ive some problems with the convergence of the calculations...Im trying to use contact controls, stabilize=1e-4 but I dont know how to calculate a correct value for the stabilize...what have I to check in ordere to calculate it?

Thank you very much,

Marco

Topic Tags
3 Replies
(@jorgen)

Unfortunately it is not possible to say if the values that you specified are correct or not since I dont know what type of EPDM rubber you are interested in. At first sight, however, the values seem reasonable.

Usually it is not necessary to use contact controls, stabilize. Are you sure your simulation is setup correctly? Can you run it using ABAQUS/Explicit?

- Jorgen

Topic Tags
3 Replies
Topic starter
(@Skollie)

Dear Dr. Jorgen,

thanks a lot for your answer.

For a first simulation I would like to use a standard EPDM with the following values: Bulk modulus 1.7 GPa, Shear Modulus 5e-4 GPa.

So I calculated the Neo-Hook coefficients: C10=ShearMod./2=0.25 MPa and D102/BulkMod=1180Mpa. It should be correct, isnt it?

Im making many attempts with different parameters.( Now Im using Hybrid elements but the rubber of the wiper doesnt show any deformation)

I tried to use the stabilize command. My question is: how could I check if the stabilize parameter is correct in a simulation? What value have I to consider to check this?

Thanks a lot for your help and many congratulations for your website from Italy!

Marco

(@jorgen)

I dont think I have more information than what is available in the ABAQUS manuals when it comes to the stabilize option. I am still not convinced, however, that you need to activate that feature.

- Jorgen

Share: