Clear all

Ogden VUMAT

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@bbiecrom15)

Dear All,

I am trying to modify the Ogden material, as a first step I am writing the VUMAT for ogden material, however my VUMAT is not providing the same results as the ABAQUS inbuilt one even with the same material parameters (it is 2 term OGDEN). (The element is blowing up in my case). The parameters were calibrated using ABAQUS with some available test data.

I am not able to find my error, it would be great if someone can take a fresh look at my code and give me some pointers

My guess is that the alpha terms (~15 and -16) are causing problems, since they appear as the power terms, but then how is abaqus able to handle them?. Attached below is my model

thanks and regards

nithya

1 Reply
(@lin987)

[QUOTE=Nithyanand Kota,8965]Dear All,
I am trying to modify the Ogden material, as a first step I am writing the VUMAT for ogden material, however my VUMAT is not providing the same results as the ABAQUS inbuilt one even with the same material parameters (it is 2 term OGDEN). (The element is blowing up in my case). The parameters were calibrated using ABAQUS with some available test data.
I am not able to find my error, it would be great if someone can take a fresh look at my code and give me some pointers
My guess is that the alpha terms (~15 and -16) are causing problems, since they appear as the power terms, but then how is abaqus able to handle them?. Attached below is my model

thanks and regards
nithya

Have you solved your problem? Would you please upload the successful vumat? It would be a lot of help, especially there are quite few Ogden VUMAT.

1 Reply
Share: