Modeling viscoelasticity in ANSYS

29 Posts
8 Users
0 Reactions
(@Tommylb)

About MSC-NASTRAN 2000

My Dears Dr.Jorgen and other mates,

Goodness greetings,

I have MSC-NASTRAN package, but I have a problem with installing and working on it. Could you help me. Thank you in advance

[QUOTE=Jorgen,2384]I assume that you are referring to the following [URL= http://polymerfem.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37 ]document[/URL].

The procedure described in that document can be used to convert from storage modulus and loss modulus to a Prony series.

In your case, however, you also need to know the storage and loss modulus as a function of frequency, for at least one temperature.

- Jorgen

(@Tommylb)

About MSC-NASTRAN 2000

My Dears Dr.Jorgen and other mates,

Goodness greetings,

I have MSC-NASTRAN package, but I have a problem with installing and working on it. Could you help me please. Thank you in advance

[

(@longcar2000)
Eminent Member

tell me what problem you have been facing while installing, find any crack file available. with that you can find the notepad file, in that instruction may given. please find that one first. later it will be easier to install.

(@Tommylb)

Thankyou for response

[QUOTE=nandish.rv,4171]tell me what problem you have been facing while installing, find any crack file available. with that you can find the notepad file, in that instruction may given. please find that one first. later it will be easier to install.

Dear nandish, Thank you for your respond.

the guide of installation refers to:

MSC/Nastran 70.7 and MSC/Patran 2000 installation

System requirements:

1- Intel Pentium, 128 MB RAM, 3 GB HD space.

2- Windows 2000 or Windows XP professional.

On some types of motherboards, a LAN or Modem card must be installed.

It is assumed that none of MSC products are previously installed. Newly installed Windows is recommended. It is also recommended to carry out the installation on partition D.

Installation procedure:

1- From System- Computer Name in the control panel, change computer name to F, apply, and close the wizard.

2- Copy MSC_License folder form the CD to drive D. Then, change the properties of all files in D:\MSC_License to archive.

3- Install Patran on partition D. Use default name of D:\msc.

4- Copy license.dat form D:\MSC_License folder to D:\MSC\PATRAN90.

5- Edit the file D:\MSC\PATRAN90\P3_TRANS.ini and change all paths referencing to C:\msc\bin\nastran.exe to be D:\msc\bin\nastran.exe. Save and exit the file.

6- From i386 folder in the CD, install Nastran. Use also drive D for installation in the folder D:\msc. Ignore the request for an authorization code and close the message window.

7- Install Flexlm license server from FLEXLM folder to D:\msc folder. Choose to install as server. When asked for license file, browse license.dat form D:\ MSC_License folder. Use F when asked for machine name. Ignore the error message and continue installation.

8- Copy authoriz.dat from D:\MSC_License folder to D:\MSC\CONF folder overwriting existing file.

9- Install frame viewer from VIEWER folder on the CD. Choose to install on program files folder in the Windows XP partition.

10- On the desktop, make a shortcut to D:\MSC\PATRAN90\helpfiles\PATRAN\ patran_directory.fm to be able to read the manuals.

The installation is complete. Nastran and Patran are fully functional.

Note:

After Nastran and Patran installation, it is recommended that you do not try to install software requiring Flexlm server, especially any MSC product, to avoid conflict and program malfunctioning such as system hung or unexpected program termination. If accidentally such software is installed and the above problems occurred, perform a new clean installation of windows XP (or Windows 200) from bootable CD or form other Windows on the computer (such as Windows me or 98).

although I have done all of the above and the package was installed but did not working (the design and boundaries are working but there is no results for the work).

Thank you.

(@Tommylb)

Thankyou for response

[QUOTE=nandish.rv,4171]tell me what problem you have been facing while installing, find any crack file available. with that you can find the notepad file, in that instruction may given. please find that one first. later it will be easier to install.

Dear nandish, Thank you for your respond.

the guide of installation refers to:

MSC/Nastran 70.7 and MSC/Patran 2000 installation

System requirements:

1- Intel Pentium, 128 MB RAM, 3 GB HD space.

2- Windows 2000 or Windows XP professional.

On some types of motherboards, a LAN or Modem card must be installed.

It is assumed that none of MSC products are previously installed. Newly installed Windows is recommended. It is also recommended to carry out the installation on partition D.

Installation procedure:

1- From System- Computer Name in the control panel, change computer name to F, apply, and close the wizard.

2- Copy MSC_License folder form the CD to drive D. Then, change the properties of all files in D:\MSC_License to archive.

3- Install Patran on partition D. Use default name of D:\msc.

4- Copy license.dat form D:\MSC_License folder to D:\MSC\PATRAN90.

5- Edit the file D:\MSC\PATRAN90\P3_TRANS.ini and change all paths referencing to C:\msc\bin\nastran.exe to be D:\msc\bin\nastran.exe. Save and exit the file.

6- From i386 folder in the CD, install Nastran. Use also drive D for installation in the folder D:\msc. Ignore the request for an authorization code and close the message window.

7- Install Flexlm license server from FLEXLM folder to D:\msc folder. Choose to install as server. When asked for license file, browse license.dat form D:\ MSC_License folder. Use F when asked for machine name. Ignore the error message and continue installation.

8- Copy authoriz.dat from D:\MSC_License folder to D:\MSC\CONF folder overwriting existing file.

9- Install frame viewer from VIEWER folder on the CD. Choose to install on program files folder in the Windows XP partition.

10- On the desktop, make a shortcut to D:\MSC\PATRAN90\helpfiles\PATRAN\ patran_directory.fm to be able to read the manuals.

The installation is complete. Nastran and Patran are fully functional.

Note:

After Nastran and Patran installation, it is recommended that you do not try to install software requiring Flexlm server, especially any MSC product, to avoid conflict and program malfunctioning such as system hung or unexpected program termination. If accidentally such software is installed and the above problems occurred, perform a new clean installation of windows XP (or Windows 200) from bootable CD or form other Windows on the computer (such as Windows me or 98).

---------------------------------------------------

although I have done all of the above and the package was installed but did not working (the design and boundaries are working but there is no results for the work).

Thank you.

(@bw_composite)
Estimable Member

Mccasillo,

I found your post timely as I am learning how to model viscolelasticity in ANSYS.

I do not quite understand one of the ways ANSYS uses in definign the viscoelastic behavior, namely the TB, PRONY command with the relative moduli and the time constant.

Your statement 100% of the shear modulus will decay with a time constant of 5, meaning that approximately 63% of the shear modulus will be gone in 5 seconds is quite unclear to me, and some rough modelling is not helping me at all. If a simple tensile stripe is modelled, any decay in modulus should relate linearly to increase in strain, which I do not verify.

Also how can ANSYS calculate the solution form the input provided if the load history is more complex than simple creep / stress relaxation?

Thank you very much for your time

Muzialis

(@isaaccolin10)

I am looking for some useful info about the conversion of pdf, and the search word took me here, hope this wont anger anyone.

Page 4 / 5
Share: