Clear all

Model Equations on Ansys 11

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@taux4200)

Hello.

Im doing some experiments with the curve fitting option on Ansys 11 with the experimental data of natural rubber supplied on this site. The goal is to compare some results obtained with several models available on Ansys 11. The input is the uniaxial data of natural rubber and the output are the model parameters and plot. How can I export the model equation (the simplified version) to another program (excel, matlab, etc) to compare the various types of error?

Thank you.

Topic Tags
4 Replies
(@tsmsngi)

Modeling using ABAQUS

Hello:

This is the first time for me to participate in this forum,

I am dealing with Polyurethanes in the company that I am working with and I guess we can exchange very good ideas regarding modeling.

I am using ABAQUS, in ABAQUS you dont have to worry about errors because ABAQUS has a nice tool that it can model the testing data for you and show you different models on a graph. From the graph you will be able to see what the best fit is for your testing data.

Sorry, I am not familiar with the software that you are asking about, thanks..

Moe

Topic Tags
4 Replies
Topic starter
(@taux4200)

Hello and thanks for your info.

Im doing all the curve fitting on Ansys and I can get a plot but I want to export the data (Model equation in a simplified form) to another program so that I can double check the accuracy of the fit. I never worked with abaqus. Using Ansys you can input the experimental data (txt file with two columns - engineering strain and stress) and obtain the best fit by trying all of them. Is it the same way on Abaqus? Do you have any reason to prefer Abaqus instead of Ansys?

Joo

(@tsmsngi)

Modeling equations in ABAQUS vs. ANSYS

Hello Squall,

I prefer working with ABAQUS, because I never worked with ANSYS, so I dont know much about ANSYS.

In ABAQUS, what I do usually, I propose some of the built in models in ABAQUS, such as Arruda-Boyce, Marlow, Mooney-Rivlin, high Polynomial, etc. and I give ABAQUS the uniaxial testing data as an input (it is highly recommended though to have more testing data such as planer, volumetric testing etc. to get more accurate results). Then ABAQUS will start evaluating your material based on the models that you proposed. After that, ABAQUS will give you the model fits as well as your testing data on nice graphs plus it will generate automatically XY plots which have all of the XY plots of the proposed models i.e. stress vs. strain for your all the models that you proposed and I guess that is what you are looking for in ANSYS. I guess when you evaluating your material in ANSYS, look for the folder that you are running your directory in for the txt data files.

I hope I answered your questions, if not please let me know if you still have any questions

Good Luck

Mohamed F. Alzoubi, Ph.D.

Topic starter
(@taux4200)

Ansys has the same procedure. You input the experimental data and obtain the plots. I can get the model parameters, but I want to obtain the model equation (simplified) so that I can use it in other programs such as excel or matlab. Can you get the model equation on Abaqus? My objective is to find the simplified version of the model equations. Do you recomend any literature?

Thanks

Joo

Share: