Notifications
Clear all

Hyper elastic modelling+ ANSYS  

joneswright
(@joneswright)

Hello,

I am doing hyper elastic model in ANSYS using Mooney Rivilian model. I have selected 2 parameter model and I am fitting the constants using the experimental uni axial data. After fitting, the constants are found out. But for material model, one more parameter d is also there. Should I externally supply the value? I have assumed my material is in compressible. When I do modelling using these material constants by assigning d=0, I always face in stability of solution and Ansys automatically closes. Even before solving the model, I am getting around 4 errors in element formation etc. Could you please help me to resolve this. I am new to this entire field. I am learning with examples.

Thanks in advance.

Kavitha

5 Replies
Jorgen
(@jorgen)

The 2 Mooney-Rivlin parameters are called: C10 and C01. Typically C10 is larger in magnitude than C01.
I recommend that you try setting d = 0.01 / C10.

If that still does not work, then try also setting C01=0.

-Jorgen

5 Replies
joneswright
(@joneswright)

[QUOTE=Jorgen,10477]The 2 Mooney-Rivlin parameters are called: C10 and C01. Typically C10 is larger in magnitude than C01.

I recommend that you try setting d = 0.01 / C10.

If that still does not work, then try also setting C01=0.

-Jorgen[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot. Now I am able to solve the problem. But what is the physical significance of d. Is there any general formula to calculate that? Could you pls throw some light on it.

Once again thanks.

Kavitha

Jorgen
(@jorgen)

The parameter d is basically 1/kappa, where kappa is the bulk modulus.

(Note I dont quite recall if it is 1/kappa or 2/kappa)...

-Jorgen

joneswright
(@joneswright)

Thanks Jorgen. This forum is very useful. Great Job.

Seiden
(@Seiden)

parameter d

[QUOTE=kavitharun,10547]Thanks Jorgen. This forum is very useful. Great Job.[/QUOTE]

d is calculated by using formula 2/(bulkmodulas)

Thanks

Manish

Share: