Search
Close this search box.
Notifications
Clear all

How many types of data can be added to 1 material in ANSYS?

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@archfea)

good mornig, everyone:

It is Friday, finially.. Hope everyone will have a wonderful weekend ahead.

I have a silly question, How many types of experimental data can be added to one Hyper-Elastic material ID in ANSYS?

Say, If i have an Uni-axial experimental data, and a bi-axial experimental data, and a shear data, I can add the three groups of data to ONe Material ID, right? in ANSYS.

Do i have to have at least three groups of data to be able to simulate a Metal re-inforced rubber bearing? becasue even though the deformation is maybe less than 5%, but the rubber will be under some bending.

and Since I have Bending involved, that means for each group of data, Uni-Axial, or Bi-axial, i would need both tension, and compression data right?

And, if I use ANSYS Yeoh model to simulate this metal-reinforced bearing, with these three groups or data, I would have a pretty accurate simulation result, right? or, Would you recommend other models for a bending-of-a-uniform-thickness-plate dominated situation? Will a simpler Mooney Rivlin model be sufficient for an accurate simulation?

Please help me, thanks in advance.

sincerely yours...

waterlilly

Topic Tags
2 Replies
(@jorgen)

I dont use ANSYS often enough to provide a detailed answer. But in general you should be able to use multiple data sets when finding the material parameters.

Also, both the Yeoh and the Mooney Rivlin models should work OK for your problem. In most cases, I personally like the Yeoh model better.

- Jorgen

Topic Tags
2 Replies
 Jay
(@Jay)

Hi waterlilly,

In ANSYS v11 you can use a uniaxial, biaxial, pure shear, simple shear and a volumetric test all together in the cuve fitting routine.

Armin

Share: