Notifications
Clear all

**Error TOO MANY INCREMENTS NEEDED TO COMPLETE THE STEP

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@drexa922)

Hi all, I am student of final year mechanical engineering. I am a new user of Abaqus and currently working on co-simulation for my project. Actually what I am doing is prediction of heat transfer due to fluid_structure_interaction in a tube of known diameter also called as conjugate heat transfer.

I have created one model of Abaqus/standard named FSI_TUBE, assigned properties, created step Heat transfer(transient) and all requirements up to Boundary conditions. I gave temperature= 100C at one end of tube as BC.

Similarly created model Abaqus/CFD named FSI_FLUID, created part as fluid domain, created step Flow with temperature tab on.

I gave fluid velocity at

[B]inlet conditions[/B] =-0.58 m/s , Temp=100 C and at [B]outlet conditions[/B] P= 4 bar (part of problem).

When I created Co-execution by taking these models and submitted for analysis it ran for couple of seconds and aborted showing

[B]**Error TOO MANY INCREMENTS NEEDED TO COMPLETE THE STEP

CONTACT FORCE ERROR TOLERANCE FOR CONVERT SDI=YES 1.00 [/B]

in msg file of job Abaqus/standard model. I tried by reducing time in step but got same answer.

I have completely no idea what wrong as I have done all that whats required but still Im left with this kind of situation. What should I do please help me through this.

thankx.

Topic Tags
2 Replies
(@appetite)
Trusted Member

Hi,

Never did co-simulation. And your question is not completely clear for me.

Nevertheless trying these might help:

Check if you have elements excessively distorting. If yes:
check all your input data, their correctness and units.
try to reduce the loads or displacements and see if that make it work.
If you have large deformations, may be you can change the element type or adjust its hourglass so that it becomes more stable.
If no, check the contacts and look for overlaps. You can readjust the contact tolerance in general solution controls.
Sometimes contacts work better when initially positioned in a non-contact situation, then in a pre-step displaced to contact (introduction step only by displacement) and then followed by the main step.

Hope this helps,
A

Topic Tags
2 Replies
Topic starter
(@drexa922)

Thanks indeed Bio.

Share: