Equivalent plastic strain:

Page 2 / 3

lynx
 lynx
Topic starter
(@lynx)
Trusted Member

Dear Jorgen,

Just take your time. I am quite convinced about above condition where the subroutines I develop are in agreements with ABAQUS for both isotropy and orthotropy.

The ABAQUS guys should correct regarding line in the manual.

Best

Kumar

GustavSad
(@GustavSad)

Equivalent Plastic Strain in ABAQUS

Hi Kumar,

I have gone through your thread regarding the calculation method of equivalent plastic strain. I am following version 6.9 manual in that It was clearly mentioned what abaqus uses. In the metal plasticity section where the mises plasticity was discussed, they have given the isotropic one.

If you check the anisotropic plasticity section they have mentioned the different equation which is based on the equivalent plastic work done principle which one generally follows.

So please check this once again...

I want to say that the usage in the manual is correct but one has to check this definitions at two different places isotropy and the other anisotropy..

Thanks and Regards,

Rohith.

lynx
 lynx
Topic starter
(@lynx)
Trusted Member

[QUOTE=unsrohith,5900]Hi Kumar,

I have gone through your thread regarding the calculation method of equivalent plastic strain. I am following version 6.9 manual in that It was clearly mentioned what abaqus uses. In the metal plasticity section where the mises plasticity was discussed, they have given the isotropic one.

If you check the anisotropic plasticity section they have mentioned the different equation which is based on the equivalent plastic work done principle which one generally follows.

So please check this once again...

I want to say that the usage in the manual is correct but one has to check this definitions at two different places isotropy and the other anisotropy..

Thanks and Regards,

Rohith.[/QUOTE]

Hi Rohiht,

Thank you for the info. Can you please mention which manual and which sectons are you referring to?

Best

Kumar

GustavSad
(@GustavSad)

Hi Kumar.

Refer 19.2.2 Models for metals subjected to cyclic loading in abaqus analysis user manual. By the way I have replied to your query regarding the references for anisotropic damage. Have you checked it??

Regards,

Rohith

lynx
 lynx
Topic starter
(@lynx)
Trusted Member

[QUOTE=unsrohith,5908]Hi Kumar.

Refer 19.2.2 Models for metals subjected to cyclic loading in abaqus analysis user manual. By the way I have replied to your query regarding the references for anisotropic damage. Have you checked it??

Regards,

Rohith[/QUOTE]

Hey,

Thank you for the reference. I was quite busy all day. I have just found time to visit the site. I will check out it now...

Best

dheeraj
(@dheeraj)

Hey Friends

I am modelling plasticity with isotropic hardening in abaqus. when I use mises plasticity, I have no problem and everything goes well, but when I switch to hill plasticity by adding the potential option from suboption in material properties edit section, the analysis starts plastcity from start of analysis and I do not have the elastic behavior before plasticity, ie plasticity starts in very low stresses and the material starts to yield at zero stress!!!

I dont know wheather I have missed sth in material properties or ..., I have good results when I delete the potential option

I will really appreciate if u can help

arash

Jorgen
(@jorgen)

It sounds like you did not provide good values for the material parameters for the Hill plasticity model 😮

-Jorgen

Page 2 / 3
Share: