Clear all

Change material properties between steps in hyperlastic material

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@Smith33)

Hi All,

In Abaqus/Explicit, I need to change the material properties (the C coefficient) of an hyperelastic material between steps. Specifically, I have developed a user-defined subroutine (i.e., UANISOHYPER_STRAIN) to simulate both the passive and active behaviour of a left ventricle. After a first step using a pressure load of 100mmHg, I need to change a costant of constitutive model to simulate active contracion. Specfifically, this costant is 1 during 1 step and then 150 during the 2 step.

The command *field variable is not supported by Abaqus for hyperelastic material so that I do not know how to change material properties.

Any suggestions or trick for changing material propertiers?

Thanks

Salvatore

Topic Tags
1 Reply
(@alb884)

Help

Dear Friend,

I am also working on this subject, may I know how did you write your subroutine. I am very new and I need some help to do such a simulation.

Did you write your strain energies in one subroutine? may I have some guidance from you for doing so?

It would be grateful,

[QUOTE=stone123,10939]Hi All,

In Abaqus/Explicit, I need to change the material properties (the C coefficient) of an hyperelastic material between steps. Specifically, I have developed a user-defined subroutine (i.e., UANISOHYPER_STRAIN) to simulate both the passive and active behaviour of a left ventricle. After a first step using a pressure load of 100mmHg, I need to change a costant of constitutive model to simulate active contracion. Specfifically, this costant is 1 during 1 step and then 150 during the 2 step.

The command *field variable is not supported by Abaqus for hyperelastic material so that I do not know how to change material properties.

Any suggestions or trick for changing material propertiers?

Thanks

Salvatore

Topic Tags
1 Reply
Share: