Notifications
Clear all

ABAQUS - Load Module, Pressure

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@samman14)

hi, Im modelling fluid pressure on membrane using ABAQUS. When I go to Load module / Type: Pressure / Distribution: Hydrostatic, it asks for Magnitude, Zero pressure height and Reference pressure height.

What does each of these represent exactly?

Is it true that in the case of water pressure, P = pgh where p = 1000kg/m^3 (density water), g= 9.81m/s^2, h = 1m (does h vary??), So P = 9810 Pa, but since im using [mm] i should use P in [MPa] so I should write 0.0098 in Magnitude?

What does zero and reference pressure height mean exactly??

Topic Tags
2 Replies
 slav
(@slav)

for example, one bottle with filling hight inside is 1000mm, then

the zero hight is 1000mm, the reference is pgh.

Topic Tags
2 Replies
(@clintonelliot)

So whether to give value in MPa or Pa?? And can u justify the use of hydrostatic loading on the diaphragm and what zero pressure height and reference pressure means in axisymmetric model??

[QUOTE=mei,4276]hi, Im modelling fluid pressure on membrane using ABAQUS. When I go to Load module / Type: Pressure / Distribution: Hydrostatic, it asks for Magnitude, Zero pressure height and Reference pressure height.

What does each of these represent exactly?

Is it true that in the case of water pressure, P = pgh where p = 1000kg/m^3 (density water), g= 9.81m/s^2, h = 1m (does h vary??), So P = 9810 Pa, but since im using [mm] i should use P in [MPa] so I should write 0.0098 in Magnitude?

What does zero and reference pressure height mean exactly??

Share: