Notifications
Clear all

Glass-filled PTFE

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@jorgen)

Experimental data for PTFE filled with 15 vol% glass fiber. The following experimental data is available: uniaxial tension, uniaxial compression, small punch, stress relaxation, and triaxial compression.

Topic Tags
3 Replies
(@Aydın)

PTFE Data

Thanks for the great forum.

I am looking at the 15% glass filled PTFE data. Why are the stress and strain both negative for the tension_cyclic.txt file? This makes sense for the compression_cyclic but not the tension.

Another question, is there a particular material model that you recommend to use with this data? I use Abaqus. From a quick glance, it appears that a linear elastic material model with plasticity defined would model it well using the data for the correct rate.

I have attached a spreadsheet with most of the data graphed.

Topic Tags
3 Replies
Topic starter
(@jorgen)

I think you discovered an error in the original experimental data set.

Using a metal plasticity model is an easy way to get started. I personally would use the [URL= http://www.veryst.com/thermoplasticlibrary.html ]Three Network Model[/URL] for this data set. I will add more info about the TNM on this web site as soon as I have the time...

-Jorgen

(@Lagrange)

I agree with mbrumels, the data set for compression and tension are identical. It would be a mojor help with you could post the corrected data set for uniaxial tension.

Thank You.

Share: