Modeling of TPE - Materials
there is unfortunately no category for Thermoplastic Elastomers, but I hope my topic is placed well here.
I want to use a FE-Model to describe to compressive behaviour of TPE seals. As I am totally new to that topic I have some basic questions.
1) I am using Altair HyperWorks (including a user material interface). Does anyone have experience with a built-in model or a user-model?
2) Can you recommend testing routines (according to norms) that can capture the compressive material response well?
3) Are there important details that I have to be clear of when modeling TPE?
Thank you so much in advance for any information!
1. I have limited experience with HyperWorks 🙁
2. I have tested and simulated MANY different types of TPE materials. Suitable experimental techniques are described in my [URL= http://polymermechanics.com/ ]book[/URL] and also on this [URL= https://polymerfem.com/content.php?11-Experimental-Data ]page[/URL].
3. TPE material are typically very non-linear. I recommend that you work hard on the experimental and material calibration steps.
Thanks for you reply and the reference to your book for further information. Looking forward to working through it