Clear all

Analysis of a bush (rubber/metal) subjected to radial displacement in Ansys

16 Posts
4 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@jax1588)

Hello everyone!

First of all Im very glad to be here, on this forum, and I hope someone can help me with my problem. Im trying to obtain some accurate results by modelling a problem with Ansys. My problem consists in a bush subjected to a radial displacement and Im trying to obtain the correct resulted force used for that displacement. The experimental radial tests show that for a displacement of 0.85 mm the applied load has a value of 4.05 kN and from my analysis Ive obtained a maximum value of 2712N(by using the Neo Hookean model). Ive tried also modelling the problem using Arruda-Boyce, Gent and Yeoh models but the results were almost the same (2709-2712N). In other problems involving rubber/metal springs subjected to axial loading, or even in this analysis when Ive subjected the bush to axial loading the results Ive obtained were accurate enough by using the Neo Hookean model with the coefficients determined from uniaxial experimental tests. Also by using different models (NH,AB,Yeoh,etc) when axial loading was involved the results werent so close like in the case of radial loading. The only experimental results I have when Im defining the material are those from uniaxial or planar tests. What can I do to obtain more accurate results when radial loading is involved? Do I need to input more test data? Biaxial? Thank you very much!

Kind regards,

Marius

Topic Tags
15 Replies
(@Clajer)

hi
i m working on some thing like yours.but my analysis fail and my rubber blow up like a bomb and software show error in element formulation. i use 2 parameters MR model.
can you help me to solve this problem?

Topic Tags
15 Replies
Topic starter
(@jax1588)

Hello. Does it fail right at beginning? What kind of elements are you using? Do you have contact? What aspect ratio has your mesh? Is your analysis static, transient? Give me more details

(@Clajer)

hello and thanks for your reply
not at the beginning, i set time at the end of load step 1 second and after 0.3 s it fail. I use smart size (fine=1)of element at mesh tool. I define contact between the area of the metal and rubber,and area of rubber itself. i use static analysis.
but when i define same radius of rubber and metal my static analysis solve completely.
where is my fault?
thanks

Topic starter
(@jax1588)

Usually when my model blows up is from my mesh. Try to make it first coarse, eliminate the contact by putting the bodies in same part and see if that works. There can be many reasons to non convergence. Can you attach a print screen of your model? I dont understand what you mean by defining same radius of rubber and metal.

(@Clajer)

the middle volume is rubber.the inner radius of it is (0.013)/2 m and outer radius of it is (0.038)/2. two faces of rubber are fix at X and Y direction and define displacement of this areas (-0.07) at Z direction.
radius of solid cylinder is (0.015)/2 and 2 faces area is fix at all DOF.
radius of hole in block is (0.035)/2.two faces of block are fix at X and Y direction and define displacement of this areas (-0.13) at Z direction.
defining same radius of rubber and metal=inner radius of rubber and the solid cylinder are equal and outer radius of rubber and hole of block are equal too.

(@Clajer)

i try to present the best description.

Page 1 / 3
Share: