Clear all

viscoelastic simulation

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@wsikora)

Hello to all

I have results of DMTA test at one constant frequency and a period of temperature. How can I introduce my viscoelastic material to abaqus software?

Please help me,thank you.

Topic Tags
4 Replies
(@rotechn33)

Hello,

I have the same problem and would also really appreciate if someone could give an answer.

What I did so far is to construct the master curves (time-temperature-shift) to get the shift-factors (used program: ViscoShift).

I combed through the forum and what I figured out until now is the following (without engagement ,) ) :

The results of my DMTA are the storage modulus, the loss modulus and the loss factor tan(delta).

So the next step should be getting the Prony parameters which can allegedly be inserted in ABAQUS (or NX in my case).

Some friends told me that it is possible to insert the results of the DMTA test in a program named ViscoData of which you can get the Prony Parameters, but i didnt tried so far...

I will tell you as soon as I got more Information, but it really would help if someone who had a little bit of experience could help both of us. 😎

Have a nice day, Yoshi

Topic Tags
4 Replies
(@jorgen)

There are different ways to convert E and E to a Prony series.
You can code it up in Matlab, your FE solver may also have a feature for this conversion.

I personally use the [URL= https://polymerfem.com/articles/material-model-calibration/25141-material-model-calibration-abaqus-ansys ]MCalibration[/URL] software.

-Jorgen

Topic starter
(@wsikora)

Hello
Can I use this software for temperature sweep DMA (DMTA)?
I have DMTA results at fixed frequency.

(@jorgen)

Yes. Absolutely.

-Jorgen

Share: