Clear all

UMAT using IMSL Libraries

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@Denials)

Hello everybody!

Im new on this forum and I need some help. Im using Abaqus 6.8.1 with Fortran 9.1 compiler for my UMAT subroutine. In my subroutine I use IMSL Libraries for calculating inverse of a matrix, DLSGRR. But I dont know how to link IMSL with Abaqus (assuming that is the problem), so following error appears:

Creating library standardU.lib and object standardU.exp
UMAT.obj: error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _DLSGRR@32

What should I do?

4 Replies
(@jorgen)

It sounds like you indeed have a linking problem. I often use multiple libraries when link my own user-subroutines, so it is absolutely possible to do.
I manually compile my user-subroutines which is perhaps tricker but also provides more freedom.

How do you currently try to compile your files?

-Jorgen

4 Replies
Topic starter
(@Denials)

Hi Jorgen!

Thank You for Your reply. I tried to compile using Visual Studio 2005. When I try to build solution I get the message Cannot open include file aba_param.inc .
So I copied aba_param.inc from Abaqus\site directory into my project directory. Then I get the error unresolved external symbol _MAIN__ referenced in function _main.

I also tried to compile using abaqus command. I used abaqus make library=UMAT, then I got error from my first post, Creating library standardU.lib and object standardU.exp UMAT.obj: error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _DLSGRR@32.
My last attempt was to copy path to imsl library into abaqus_v6.env under link_sl and link_exe. That didnt work neither. I got the message fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file C:\Program Files\VNI\CTT6.0\lib\IA32

I dont have any more ideas, so if You can help I would be very grateful.

Topic starter
(@Denials)

Hi its me again...

I still havent solved the problem with IMSL Libraires. Can anybody help me or explain me how to link Abaqus with IMSL please?

(@Rick16)

Problem solved?

Share: