Clear all

Periodic Boundary Conditions

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@Denials)

Hello everybody, I could use some help.

I am trying to impose periodic boundary conditions on 2D RVE in Abaqus through *Equation and *Reference Point. This is working, but not completely. Problem is that displacements on opposite sides are same, but mirrored... I am not sure where am I mistaking. Any ideas?

Thanks a lot!

2 Replies
(@zhaiys)
Trusted Member

[QUOTE=tlesicar,9815]Hello everybody, I could use some help.

I am trying to impose periodic boundary conditions on 2D RVE in Abaqus through *Equation and *Reference Point. This is working, but not completely. Problem is that displacements on opposite sides are same, but mirrored... I am not sure where am I mistaking. Any ideas?

Thanks a lot!

Sounds like a sign error in the constratint equation. If youre using *EQUATION to accomplish this, be advised that all terms are on the lefthand side of the equation, meaning that a constraint A=B should be phrased A-B=0.

Mats

2 Replies
Topic starter
(@Denials)

Thanks matsgd on your reply. The problem was in the equation. I tried to write equations for whole sets of the nodes and not single equation for every pair. Now Im stuck with generalized periodic boundary conditions. Has anybody experience with that?

Share: