Clear all

J2 Plasticity Kinematic-Hardening

8 Posts
4 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@manimala.james)

Hi

I am Phaneendra. I am trying to get a hold on using user subroutines in Abaqus. I tried linking one of my input files with the J2 plasticity kinematic hardening example given in the abaqus user manual. But, it is giving me an errror that is as follows : aborted with system error Access is denied.

I would also like to mention that tried the sample input files for vumat along with the neo-hookean vumat, it works fine for that.

Attached is the zipped (quer-files) file containing the input file job-k.inp, the log file job-k.log and the fortran file kinematic-vumat.for.

The .sta file is empty, the .msg file does not exist. I do not know how to go about this issue.

Can you please guide me ?

Thank You

Topic Tags
7 Replies
(@jorgen)

Your test case crashed on my computer as well. I suspect that you VUMAT subroutine is not quite right. I would start by cleaning up the Fortran code and figuring out if it contains some errors.

-Jorgen

Topic Tags
7 Replies
Topic starter
(@manimala.james)

Vumat-variable

Dr Bergstrom,

Thanks for your reply. I have another query, the distinction between the variables Step Time and dt is not clear to me, even after i went through the abaqus manual.

Can you please explain this for me ?

Thank You

(@jorgen)

Typically, step time is referring to the total accumulated time since the beginning a step, and dt is the current increment in time.

- Jorgen

(@catmandoo)
Eminent Member

Dear Dr. Jorgen,

So we could understand the step time as follows:

from t0=0 to t1=0.001, the accumulated time is 0.001

from t1=0.001 to t2=0.003, the accumulated time is 0.003

from t2=0.003 to t3=0.004, the accumulated time is 0.004

...etc

Is is ok?

And we also could understand this above similarly to the accumulated plastic strain in the plastic step. It is ok?

I am sorry if bothering you about these since I am a new begginer.

Thanks

(@jorgen)

Yes, that seems right to me.

(@sunny84)

Hi

I am pravin. I am trying to get a hold on using user subroutine(vumat) in Abaqus.

(as an example problem i took a uniaxial bar subjected to tensile distributed load on right end and left end is fixed.I have defined material properties in EDIT MATERIAL--GENERAL--USER MATERIAL as elastic modulus,poissions ratio,yield strength,and hardening constant and in DEPVR--sol dependet state variables as 5.also i defined density.)

I tried linking input file with the J2 plasticity kinematic hardening example given in the abaqus user manual. But when i am submitting the INP and .FOR file ,its getting aborted.

Moreover i didnt defined anything in STEP MODULE in abaqus while modeling.

Please give me the suggessions..!!

Thanks

Page 1 / 2
Share: